Charles' 24 Gallon Cube

C_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Just wanted a thread to present my tank and generally start up some discourse and get ideas
This tank and all the life in it were actually transferred from a Biocube 16 (emergency leaking issue) about 4 months ago, in total I've had these animals for 8 months

Aquarium: AQUATOP Recife ECO 24g, Cube style, AIO
Lighting: AI Prime 16HD Reef
Flow: 2 Aqueon 500gph powerheads connected to a JBJ wavemaker, alternating flow every 30 seconds
Return: Stock return pump, they say its 465gph but its probably more in the 200-300gph range
Filtration: Stock sponge, Chemi-pure Blue, a chunk of extra live rock, the middle chamber houses a refugium with cheato and those bioactive media rings

Stock
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish
1 Sailfin Blenny
1 Randall's Pistol Shrimp

Coral:
1 Bird of Paradise Birdsnest
1 Neon Green Pocillopora
1 Superman Montipora
1 Kenya Tree
2 types of Zoa, not really sure on the exact type but they are pretty

CUC
1 Fighting Conch
9 Astrea Snails
1 Red Tuxedo Urchin
5 Mixed species hermits (mostly blue legged)

So I guess my question would be what suggestions does the nano community have? What corals should I get? I'm thinking about one or two more SPS, about 2 more zoas and then the rest is LPS or maybe, MAYBE, an anemone.

IMG_1978.jpg IMG_1976.jpg IMG_0746.jpg

OP
OP
C_Reefer

C_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Just wanted a thread to present my tank and generally start up some discourse and get ideas
This tank and all the life in it were actually transferred from a Biocube 16 (emergency leaking issue) about 4 months ago, in total I've had these animals for 8 months

Flow: 2 Aqueon 500gph powerheads connected to a JBJ wavemaker, alternating flow every 30 seconds
Return: Stock return pump, they say its 465gph but its probably more in the 200-300gph range
Filtration: Stock sponge, Chemi-pure Blue, a chunk of extra live rock, the middle chamber houses a refugium with cheato and those bioactive media rings

Stock
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Sailfin Blenny

Coral:
1 Neon Green Pocillopora
1 Superman Montipora
1 Kenya Tree

CUC
1 Fighting Conch
9 Astrea Snails
1 Red Tuxedo Urchin

So I guess my question would be what suggestions does the nano community have? What corals should I get? I'm thinking about one or two more SPS, about 2 more zoas and then the rest is LPS or maybe, MAYBE, an anemone.

Forgot to mention I had a neon green mushroom oops lol

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really into the mushrooms and zoas in the Nano tanks. They seem to do good in that environment IMO. Of course SPS is very popular right now I feel you might need a skimmer to keep nutrients down but hey I’m sure someone on the forum will prove me wrong. I’ve also heard awesome things about the AI lights for growing softies. The bounce mushrooms are really cool too but cost a small fortune. A nem would make your clowns happy just saying. In the nano tank I’m building I’ve decided I’m not putting any hermits in there...those guys take advantage when one of my snails flips over and eat them. Snails only in my next tank and maybe a urchin! Good job keep it up!

OP
OP
C_Reefer

C_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really into the mushrooms and zoas in the Nano tanks. They seem to do good in that environment IMO. Of course SPS is very popular right now I feel you might need a skimmer to keep nutrients down but hey I’m sure someone on the forum will prove me wrong. I’ve also heard awesome things about the AI lights for growing softies. The bounce mushrooms are really cool too but cost a small fortune. A nem would make your clowns happy just saying. In the nano tank I’m building I’ve decided I’m not putting any hermits in there...those guys take advantage when one of my snails flips over and eat them. Snails only in my next tank and maybe a urchin! Good job keep it up!
I have found that having several shells of varying sizes allows the hermits to not become murderers. I've been thinking of a nem but I don't want it stinging and killing my corals

paulrathor92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Stock
2 Ocellaris Clowns
1 Sailfin Blenny

Coral:
1 Neon Green Pocillopora
1 Superman Montipora
1 Kenya Tree

CUC
1 Fighting Conch
9 Astrea Snails
1 Red Tuxedo Urchin

I'm trying to make a refugium in the back of my tank as well how did you black out the baffles inside of the media baskets chamber?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back