Cheap DIY AI Hydra 32 Mount?

Devin_R.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Anyone who's done a DIY mount for the AI Hydra 32 or any other size, can you please list the steps and materials you took to do it? I have a Hydra 32 and want to mount it over my nano but I'm not looking to spend $100 just for a bracket when the light itself already cost over $400. Hanging it from the ceiling isn't an option as we have high ceilings. So, I'm looking for an arm style mount. Or, if possible, link me to one I can purchase for a decent price.

Thanks in advance!

MikeRowe2024

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Anyone who's done a DIY mount for the AI Hydra 32 or any other size, can you please list the steps and materials you took to do it? I have a Hydra 32 and want to mount it over my nano but I'm not looking to spend $100 just for a bracket when the light itself already cost over $400. Hanging it from the ceiling isn't an option as we have high ceilings. So, I'm looking for an arm style mount. Or, if possible, link me to one I can purchase for a decent price.

Thanks in advance!
Hey Devin, I just posted a thread with a mount I made. I’m by no means a professional but feel free to take a look. I think it suffices. I spent a lot of time online searching and think this was the best way to go DiY. (Before it becomes not worth it and just buy the arm)

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back