Cheap DIY AI Hydra 32 Mount?

Devin_R.

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2020
Messages
13
Reaction score
3
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Anyone who's done a DIY mount for the AI Hydra 32 or any other size, can you please list the steps and materials you took to do it? I have a Hydra 32 and want to mount it over my nano but I'm not looking to spend $100 just for a bracket when the light itself already cost over $400. Hanging it from the ceiling isn't an option as we have high ceilings. So, I'm looking for an arm style mount. Or, if possible, link me to one I can purchase for a decent price.

Thanks in advance!
 
Hello everyone,

Anyone who's done a DIY mount for the AI Hydra 32 or any other size, can you please list the steps and materials you took to do it? I have a Hydra 32 and want to mount it over my nano but I'm not looking to spend $100 just for a bracket when the light itself already cost over $400. Hanging it from the ceiling isn't an option as we have high ceilings. So, I'm looking for an arm style mount. Or, if possible, link me to one I can purchase for a decent price.

Thanks in advance!
Hey Devin, I just posted a thread with a mount I made. I’m by no means a professional but feel free to take a look. I think it suffices. I spent a lot of time online searching and think this was the best way to go DiY. (Before it becomes not worth it and just buy the arm)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new