Cheato “Reactor”

Hugo Garcia

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2017
Messages
173
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys

I just moved to Brazil, and have all my fish quarantine, so I can’t have a refugium. So my solution was to put my cheato with saltwater and some media in bucket and put 2 cheatomaxx lights on top of it. My question is, do you guys think will work? My ReadSea 350 is still on its way, 3 weeks until it gets here, so I’d like to have the cheato survive and grow by then. Will it make the cheato grow? I fear that because the water is still it won’t work. I’ve put some pellets also to give some nutrientes to grow. Any suggestion? I tried putting a small power head inside, put it only chopped the cheato. The bucket is too small for that power head. I’ll post some picture os the set up so you guys can help me out.

AD845CF8-62DA-45BC-9587-2B872C077C3B.jpeg DD7A9AF1-C1BF-48F8-ACC9-C133EC13247C.jpeg 56DE95CE-F563-451A-9B44-60A77D7F4558.jpeg
 
I would just rotate your Chaeto by hand until you can get it in the fuge in your new tank. This way all parts of the algae get some light! Kind of annoying but only three weeks!
 
What does that mean? I’ll just have the cheato at the refiugium.
Just saying because there’s not really a point to growing the chaeto right now. Keeping it alive shouldn’t be a problem with those leds though. I’d also consider putting a few snails in the bucket just to create a “food loop” to maintain the chaeto.
 
You can use a airpump, with or without a stone to create some water movement. It would be best with some movement. Chaeto lives off of nitrates and phosphates, so the food has to be broken down, so as @Crustaceon suggested, you do need a "food loop". You can also put the water from the fish tank in, as it would contain the nutrients needed.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new