Cheato help

  • Thread starter Thread starter joshbbert
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joshbbert

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2014
Messages
884
Reaction score
108
Location
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently overrun with cheato in the sump and id like to clear some out but I don't want to lose any of the pods and roti's as it took a while to get the population up. Any suggestions? Should I just shake it off in the sump or in the display? Or just cut it out and except the losses thanks for the help :)
 
If you are that concerned, you can trim, shake off in the DT or in the sump. Just be aware that there might be a detritus buildup within that cheato that may cloud the tank for a bit. As long as you have a place for the pods and critters to breed without fear of predators they will recover the losses in no time at all.
 
I'd take out the amount you want to remove and rinse it out in the display tank.
I agree that you will see detritus, but it will clear.
 
If you are that concerned, you can trim, shake off in the DT or in the sump. Just be aware that there might be a detritus buildup within that cheato that may cloud the tank for a bit. As long as you have a place for the pods and critters to breed without fear of predators they will recover the losses in no time at all.

I'd take out the amount you want to remove and rinse it out in the display tank.
I agree that you will see detritus, but it will clear.
Awesome thanks guys :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new