Check it out

CHI-Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to share some pictures. Im building a new stand and I always worry about getting water from back splash under the stand. So I solved the problem and decided to pass the idea along. What I used is laminate / formica which is used on counter tops and lined the sump area. For those that will do the same here are some tips

- Its a pain to cut use a bandsaw to cut it down
- Once glued down a router and trim bit is the way to go.
- I used spray 3M 90 Spray adhesive and counter top glue. NO need for the glue the Spray works great and the glue makes a huge mess.
- To clean up glue I goo gone. ( Just a FYI goof off will eat up laminate / formica )

Now a question to all those DYI'ers I believe the answer is yes but thought I would ask. I would like to protect the seem's
IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1607.JPG
where all the panels meet. If I use black aquarium sealer there shouldn't be a problem with it sticking correct?

Liti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I decided to share some pictures. Im building a new stand and I always worry about getting water from back splash under the stand. So I solved the problem and decided to pass the idea along. What I used is laminate / formica which is used on counter tops and lined the sump area. For those that will do the same here are some tips

- Its a pain to cut use a bandsaw to cut it down
- Once glued down a router and trim bit is the way to go.
- I used spray 3M 90 Spray adhesive and counter top glue. NO need for the glue the Spray works great and the glue makes a huge mess.
- To clean up glue I goo gone. ( Just a FYI goof off will eat up laminate / formica )

Now a question to all those DYI'ers I believe the answer is yes but thought I would ask. I would like to protect the seem's
IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1605.JPG
IMG_1606.JPG
IMG_1607.JPG
where all the panels meet. If I use black aquarium sealer there shouldn't be a problem with it sticking correct?
Looks great, the panels fit nicely. Probably worth testing out the sealer on some off-cuts- see if two pieces stick together face to face. If they're hard to separate after its cured then should be fine.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 63 46.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back