OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been really busy lately but I took a few minutes today during lunch to try out my new Avast Marine Porthole in the Caribbean Reef. Let me know what you think! :D

AE419B16-E490-4C0F-83E2-6AE673317901.jpeg
0C373130-0E59-4F2F-9587-7505AA0FA8E8.jpeg
75F46E57-52B9-48F6-9015-5D149FA20326.jpeg
A1192C3D-FD66-4284-AA00-8C8C39080CF2.jpeg
47FDC482-6AD6-493E-B3C7-C59136A697EA.jpeg
6D40E891-5290-490D-BCE5-F2A124A2AB2F.jpeg

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any Caribbean Fire coral?? It’s a very neat species and one of my favorites while diving
A small piece may have made it in as a hitchhiker but I’m extra careful so I don’t find out for sure! ;Hilarious

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Great pics Brandon! Brings back vacation memories. The family vacationed in Key Largo in 2020 with the plans to visit/volunteer at the coral restoration facility in Key Largo. Unfortunately Covid ruined that plan. We ended up chartering a boat and visited Jesus of the Abyss, Grecian Rocks, etc and I witnessed a ton of the restored coral out on the reef and appearing to be thriving! Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s very appreciated!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great pics Brandon! Brings back vacation memories. The family vacationed in Key Largo in 2020 with the plans to visit/volunteer at the coral restoration facility in Key Largo. Unfortunately Covid ruined that plan. We ended up chartering a boat and visited Jesus of the Abyss, Grecian Rocks, etc and I witnessed a ton of the restored coral out on the reef and appearing to be thriving! Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s very appreciated!
Thanks! So glad you like them and that they bring back good memories for you! Sorry to hear that you couldnt volunteer but those locations are great! Glad to hear that the restored corals are doing well!

wjgeese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How sad it is to see a great thread devolve into a platform of some people promoting one form of lighting over another to suit their personal agendas. This is despite the TS stating that the corals are doing great in his tank under LEDs. Just lay off your personal lighting biasness and enjoy the corals for what they are worth.
^what this guy said. some people seem to jave their panties in a bunch over led lighting. They may not realize, but lighting is bit one factor required for healtht corals. Amd it can be provided by muliple platforms! A photon is a photon, people!! jeez!

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^what this guy said. some people seem to jave their panties in a bunch over led lighting. They may not realize, but lighting is bit one factor required for healtht corals. Amd it can be provided by muliple platforms! A photon is a photon, people!! jeez!
I’m just happy that people can get some enjoyment out of my pictures :D

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just happy that people can get some enjoyment out of my pictures :D
Your pictures are spectacular. Thank you for the work you are doing over there. I spent 5 years working at the Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center in North Ga. I pinched myself for having the privilege of going to work every day and cried buckets when I left to move to Florida. You are living the dream, my friend. When you look back on your life, know that you were rich in ways that few can understand.

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pictures are spectacular. Thank you for the work you are doing over there. I spent 5 years working at the Gwinnett Environmental & Heritage Center in North Ga. I pinched myself for having the privilege of going to work every day and cried buckets when I left to move to Florida. You are living the dream, my friend. When you look back on your life, know that you were rich in ways that few can understand.
Thanks I’m glad you like them! And Florida isn’t THAT bad! ;Hilarious Yes I do enjoy working here and all the things it’s brought me:D

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I’m glad you like them! And Florida isn’t THAT bad! ;Hilarious Yes I do enjoy working here and all the things it’s brought me:D
Florida isn't bad at all... I cried because I had a dream job educating children and I had to leave that behind. I have a good job but it is not in the same field. If I could do that here, I would... maybe someday when I retire, I'll get the chance again.

OP
OP
Brandon McHenry

Brandon McHenry

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Florida isn't bad at all... I cried because I had a dream job educating children and I had to leave that behind. I have a good job but it is not in the same field. If I could do that here, I would... maybe someday when I retire, I'll get the chance again.
Yeah it’s always tough leaving a field you enjoy, but there is always time to continue pursuing your passion!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back