Check out these Florida Hard Corals!

Thankful for the opportunity to care for these amazing coral!

77B835E1-F650-4CEF-A3AD-CDB32C0B45C0.jpeg
C62ECB41-82F0-4826-8312-94998C3ED1DF.jpeg
5DB79824-4687-46CB-ACD0-921B8DA7F135.jpeg
 
My friend on the East side, Brandon.... I want to thank you so much for your enthusiasm, your passion and your dedication to the preservation of Caribbean/Floridian coral reefs. I envy your position and look forward to the day when I can venture south and persue something similar! Thank you Brandon! Keep this thread going!
 
My friend on the East side, Brandon.... I want to thank you so much for your enthusiasm, your passion and your dedication to the preservation of Caribbean/Floridian coral reefs. I envy your position and look forward to the day when I can venture south and persue something similar! Thank you Brandon! Keep this thread going!
Thank you for the kind words! I’m glad that you are enjoying what I’m sharing here. It’s nice to be able to show off and talk about the tanks I keep with the people who love the hobby as much as I do!
 
You're running radions, right? if so... I'd like to see what those "brown" corals look like under some blues, or are you hiding something magical (probably not) from us? Or are they just brown?
 
You're running radions, right? if so... I'd like to see what those "brown" corals look like under some blues, or are you hiding something magical (probably not) from us? Or are they just brown?
Yes I run 100% all channels and supplement with 4x80w 6500k T5 bulbs. I don’t think there is any magic with all blues, they kind of just disappear. The Elkhorn and the Porites on page one have green fluorescence to them but that’s about it. I think the real magic for these coral are their daylight colors (which is brown :p).
 
Yes I run 100% all channels and supplement with 4x80w 6500k T5 bulbs. I don’t think there is any magic with all blues, they kind of just disappear. The Elkhorn and the Porites on page one have green fluorescence to them but that’s about it. I think the real magic for these coral are their daylight colors (which is brown :p).
How high are the lights off your tank?
 
Let’s not start calling brown acros rainbows just because another color shows up under blues. :)

Why are the t5 so high?
 
Let’s not start calling brown acros rainbows just because another color shows up under blues. :)

Why are the t5 so high?
Now that you mention it I was actually thinking of calling this one the Caribbean Rainbow Taboo Staghorn :p. Thoughts?

T5s are retrofit mounted to the top of a tall canopy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new