Check out what i put together this weekend

reefpeeper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,361
Reaction score
182
Location
connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELL I WAS RUNNING OUT OF ROOM IN MY 20G LONG FRAG TANK, SO I FIGURED I WOULD BUILD THIS. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? THE TANK IS ABOUT 30G. MEASUREMENTS ARE 27X22X12. LIGHT IS 120W EVOLUTION. SUMP WAS MADE FROM THE 20G LONG AND HAS A RIO 1200(I THINK) AS RETURN. SKIMMER IS A CPR BAK-PAK. IM GONNA ALSO HAVE A K3 AND K4 IN THE TANK. WHERE SHOULD I PUT THE K3 AND 4? RETURN IS IN RIGHT REAR. OH!! PICS WERE TAKIN WITH CELL PHONE


IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0085.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg
 
Last edited:
Be sure to let us know how all your frags do under the led's. I'm curious as to whether or not any of your sps bleach or brown out at all.
 
oh wow i am very envious. after joining this website i have been wanting to get a frag tank. :3 grow my little ones without and disruption from fish and falling in the sand. it is a dream that has not been captured yet. but i am hoping i can be where u are in the future! good luck! it looks awsome
 
very nice... I need to build something similar... frag racks just won't cut it anymore..:tongue:

is the tank diy? glass?
 
not bad for just "throwing it together" if ya know what I mean :) What livestock are you gonna put in there to keep ampiphods, algae and such under control?
 
Looks very nice. Is it just me or is the tank not even close to being level (waterline) ?


Bb
 
Looks good! One of these days I need to do the same. Frag racks aren't cutting it for me either.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new