Checking in on the BRS160: Second update for 2018 | BRStv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Would you run the Triton Method?

• Already running Triton

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Yes, but on the fence

Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Interested

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Not at all

Votes: 41 44.1%

• Total voters

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton has problems with meeting demand and other stuff. Is there a reason BRS does not sell ATI?

Ryanbrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton has problems with meeting demand and other stuff. Is there a reason BRS does not sell ATI?

ATI is pretty new to the chemistry end of reefing and we just want to make sure everything is ironed out before offering it to the reefers who look to us for advice.

I don't know that it isn't great already but it's the trailblazers that always get shot in the back: )

wwhite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have some specific details you were looking for?
Curious why the light change since Ryan seems to love the AP700. Seems like a light change being one point of the triangle would be worth more then a passing glance.
Update seemed a bit of kiss and make up for Tritons inabilities to keep product on the shelf.

Waalker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the results my Triton system has given me, best I have had in a system yet. It also helped me correct a major water issue I had as well as a minor bad habit. All that success being said, I do fear a time coming up soon when I need to refresh my chemicals for the first time and have not seen them available in months. =(

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video. I wonder if it would be of use to offer a Triton testing subscription service. I know you can buy several at once, but I feel many people just forget to send them in on a regular basis. It might be of value to offer a service to send a vial out something like quarterly, I would be more likely to get it in the mail and send in right away with a service like that.

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI is pretty new to the chemistry end of reefing and we just want to make sure everything is ironed out before offering it to the reefers who look to us for advice.

I don't know that it isn't great already but it's the trailblazers that always get shot in the back: )

ATI has been around a couple years. Looks like Triton is the one shot in the back. Oh well, plenty of other suppliers to buy from.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious why the light change since Ryan seems to love the AP700. Seems like a light change being one point of the triangle would be worth more then a passing glance.
Update seemed a bit of kiss and make up for Tritons inabilities to keep product on the shelf.

I'll have to find the update video, but if I remember right Ryan addressed the change to the A360s. Regardless, it came directly out of necessity and not related to the tank at all. The A360s are easier for our camera guy Dave to change on the fly when he's filming Ryan in front of the tank. We have to change the spectrum slightly to make sure Ryan doesn't look orange or blue in his videos. :)

Monkeynaut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there has been "less" red slime but we have been unsuccessful getting nitrates over zero.

Shame the Red Slime never got much better.

Were there any step jump changes to alkalinity consumption or coral coloration since starting NO3 dosing?

Also, I never heard... What was out of “wack” that caused Triton to recommend water changes in the 160?

Jack22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give some details on what you are feeding the BRS 160 and what the feeding schedule looks like? Sorry if this was already answered in another thread. I know Ryan mentioned in the video that you feed a lot, just wondering what you are feeding, how often you feed the tank, and if you are target feeding any corals. Thanks.

OP
OP
randyBRS

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give some details on what you are feeding the BRS 160 and what the feeding schedule looks like? Sorry if this was already answered in another thread. I know Ryan mentioned in the video that you feed a lot, just wondering what you are feeding, how often you feed the tank, and if you are target feeding any corals. Thanks.

We feed once daily with the following. No target feeding corals directly, but broadcast feed with Reef Chili.
-(3x) cubes PE Misis
-(2x) cubes Spurlina brine
-(1x) cube PE Calanus
-(3-4x) scoops of Reef Chili

All of that is mixed together and fed to the tank. We also throw in a large pinch of Seaweed Extreme pellets before feeding frozen.

Jack22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We feed once daily with the following. No target feeding corals directly, but broadcast feed with Reef Chili.
-(3x) cubes PE Misis
-(2x) cubes Spurlina brine
-(1x) cube PE Calanus
-(3-4x) scoops of Reef Chili

All of that is mixed together and fed to the tank. We also throw in a large pinch of Seaweed Extreme pellets before feeding frozen.

Thanks Randy. Are you still dosing any of the KZ products like the Coral Vitilizer or LPS after switching to Triton?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back