Chemiclean and Triton

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lexinverts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all:

I'm curious if any of the Triton users here have had to use products like Chemiclean to get rid of cyanobacteria. If so, do you take it easy on the water changes after using the product?

I've always done a 20% water change after using Chemiclean, but now that I am using Triton I am trying to minimize water changes. What are everyone's thoughts on this?

I see that the note on the Triton Pure salt says something about using it in the event of dealing with cyanobacteria, but I'm not sure what that is referring to.

I have a bucket of Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt in the event that I need to make water for the system.

Regards,
Andy

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dealing with cyano for nearly two months now and just about had it. I have the exact same questions as the above as I get closer to pulling the trigger on chemicleaning my tank.

Anyone used chemiclean on a Triton tank? Did you do zero, one or more 15-20% water changes after 48 hours?

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

You have to do the 15-20% waterchange. it does not matter if you run triton or not. triton doenst recommend using chemiclean or any other chemicals but they recommend waterchanges for all kind of reasons. so if you use chemiclean, do the waterchange.

Regards,
johannes

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if chemiclean assumes people are doing regular water changes so only recommends one immediately following treatment. Does anyone know if this one water change + carbon will completely remove the chemiclean or is there a need to do a series of water changes post use with a Triton tank?

JohannesFFM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
i dont think you have to do a series of waterchanges since this requirement cant be exclusive to triton. if there was a requirement to get chemiclean out of your system even regular waterchanges would take you ages to remove it since most people only do 10% week.

BTW your system looks amazing
regards johannes

CMO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
i dont think you have to do a series of waterchanges since this requirement cant be exclusive to triton. if there was a requirement to get chemiclean out of your system even regular waterchanges would take you ages to remove it since most people only do 10% week.

BTW your system looks amazing
regards johannes

Makes sense. Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back