Chemiclean RUINED my tank

LeBon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not actualy convinced that all is removed by carbon. It might well remove the carrier but unsure the meds will all actually bond. I dont find existing evidence.

One should 'never' use chemicals where you cannot measure the side effects, and personally i cant test strontium and iodine and another hundred trace elements very easily at home :) Therefore very very few enterprises have a clue the damage(ornot) it is doing. Therefore it cannot be considered safe, its 100% a guess. Often folowed eventually by guessing whats wrong with the tank. Out of say 100 parametres,only one hastobe out of range to cause problems.

LeBon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, ya that's a possibility I suppose, but I wouldn't risk the other potential issues chemi-clean or its ingredients may cause in the tank imo.

I tend to think rtn/stn is directly related to a lack of biodiversity in tanks since everyone is using LR that barely resembles what real LR used to be and this lack of biodiversity that used to keep everything balanced and in check has now left systems on the verge of all these issues we see these days; like rtn/stn being one.
Even of a more basic level; people are using ro/di,removing trace elementsand not reconditioning them.,andthen compounding the problems with less frequent water changes

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back