Chemiclean water change

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am approaching the 48 hour mark and my tank doesn’t look all cleaned up. This happened the last time I used it in my other tank. Should I still do the water change at 48 hours or wait until it’s done cleaning? Not sure if there will be residual cleaning whether or not I do the water change.

smhray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I used chemiclean I waited 72 hours instead of 48 before doing the water change and all of my cyano was gone. Everything was fine so I’d say you can wait another day but I’m not sure about any more than that.

Squidward

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did my water change last week. My skimmer is still going crazy with foam build up. How long until it goes back to normal? More water changes??

OP
OP
L

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have some cyano but did the water change to prevent any harm to corals. I heard on the skimmer that the best thing to do is make 10-30g of water and then just let the skimmer drain out with the ATO off until it stops overflowing.

ReefPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the 48hr mark, if you still have visible cyano, you're meant to water change and then treat again.
It's unlikely that waiting an extra day with the first treatment will magically get rid of it, if it hasn't already. A second treatment is whats needed.

OP
OP
L

Letterkenny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that use the skimmer to perform the water change, how many gallons is it usually assuming a ~100g water volume tank?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back