Chemistry question

maksim serebro

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 19, 2015
Messages
318
Reaction score
91
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Im trying to understand what is happening to my tank. Its a 300 gal mixed reef. I utilize BRS 2 part via a dosing pump. Accidentally left the calcium on last night and the calcium went up from 380 to 440. Alkalinity was 7.5 I checked the levels again this morning (10 hrs later). Calcium went down to 400 (which makes sense) but Alkalinity went UP to 8.7 My question is why would an increase in calcium cause an increase in alkalinity? What am I missing? Thanks in advance for helping!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new