Cherry Fish is Live NOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Aqua Box

Aquarium Design, Installation, and Cherry Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ladies and gentlemen, Cherry Fish is live! <--Click link to shop

Introduction to Cherry Fish:

About Us:
  • We have been professionally quarantining and conditioning fishes for over five years, stocking our custom installations once they're ready for animals. This collaboration with Cherry Corals allows us to offer our fishes to hobbyists across the US.
  • We have spent years identifying the best collection regions, collectors, and exporters to ensure we are working with the most sustainably minded companies providing the highest quality animals.
  • You will never see us offer newly received fishes, or force someone into a fish when not ready. Even the rarest of fishes will become available again, there is no reason to hurry.
  • We expect our clients to be prepared for their new animals, and willing to provide an environment allowing them to thrive long-term. We understand accidents happen, however, we believe purchasing an aquatic animal should be looked at no differently than bringing home a cat or dog.
  • Quality > Quantity, Always.
Fish Care, Quarantine, and Conditioning:
  • Every fish held for a minimum of 30 days, no matter their source or condition upon arrival.
  • All animals kept in synthetic seawater made from o TDS RO/DI water mixed with ESV salt to a specific gravity of 1.026.
  • We have eight incoming quarantine and conditioning systems, and one large retail system.
  • After a shipment is moved through one of the eight incoming systems it is completely broken down and sterilized, then allowed to fully dry prior to being set back up. This ensures heterotrophic bacteria does not consume medications prior to them taking effect.
  • Newly imported fishes are fed 12 times per day, weaned down to twice per day over four weeks.
  • Samples are taken from several fishes per shipment to inspect for ailments under a microscope.
  • We stock over $3,000 of aquatic medications for treatment of any ailment that may arise.
  • Our connections in the public aquarium and aquatic veterinary world allow us to stay up to date on the most current treatment protocols. For example, did you know there's an entire genus of monogenean flatworms (a.k.a. "flukes") that is unscathed by praziquantel?
  • Over the past ten years, we have developed quarantine measures surpassing some public aquariums.
  • Every fish is treated the same, no matter if it's a green chromis, five-figure deepwater fish, or finicky feeder.
WYSIWYG Feeding Videos:
  • Each fish has a WYSIWYG feeding video posted. Exceptions are groups of fish; we won't take a video of each firefish, for example, rather a group of them eating together.
  • I'll be the first to say that we're not going to win any awards for our videography. Our goal is to show you the specific fish eating and active while displaying full coloration.
  • A "product image" must be loaded to our website, so we use a simple screenshot as a place-holder. We recommend moving straight to the video. We're uber fish nerds, not photographers, so please bare with us as our videography continues to improve.
Shipping:
  • Shipping is $49 flat rate. If ordering multiple fish(es) we refund the extra amount (e.g. Ordering three fish will incur three shipping charges, two will be refunded). Corals can be combined with fish orders, please be sure to note combined orders in order comments.
  • Shipping large fish or large orders (5+ fish) will be charged on a case by case basis. Contact us for details.
  • Fishes over $300 will only be offered via airport to airport shipping. Contact us for exceptions.
  • As mentioned generally we ship boxes of fishes to clients once their system is ready, so do not hesitate to contact us if you're in need of larger orders.
Acclimation / Receiving Fish:
  • We recommend acclimating for about twenty minutes, matching pH (+/- 0.2), salinity (+/- 0.002) and temperature (+/- 2°F). Longer acclimation times only stress the animal out further.
  • Grab a pH pen for quick easy testing of this crucial level for fish acclimation (available here for $25).
  • Skip to 35:55 in this presentation for full acclimation guide.
  • All our fishes ship in water with a specific gravity of 1.026.
  • We recommend placing our animals in a quarantine system to allow time for the fish to destress.
  • Stress is a hormone that suppresses the immune system as it builds up within a fish.
  • Placing in quarantine without competition allows time for fish to properly settle in.
  • Your quarantine tank should be running for a minimum of four weeks prior to placing an order, please do not impulse purchase.
  • In the off-chance that something does sneak through our treatments, we will hold your hand every step of the way, even sending free medication when legal.
  • At the least, all new fishes should be socially acclimated.
Social Acclimation:
  • Social acclimation can be done in acrylic/plastic boxes made for this purpose, or an array of DIY materials.
  • Skip to 49:30 in this presentation for more on social acclimation.
Guarantee:
  • All fish come with a live arrival guarantee. You can register most fish for an additional 7-Day Guarantee.
  • Our fishes must be socially acclimated in order to qualify for the 7-Day guarantee, whether in a specially made box for this purpose, or properly fitted egg crate to divide off a section of the aquarium.
  • To register for the 7-Day guarantee we require:
  1. A picture sent via email the same day as delivery showing the new fish in acclimation box (or section) with a top on the aquarium (or box) to prevent jumping, and the notation on warranty registration card visible.
  2. Each shipment has a card inside with these simple steps clearly outlined.
  3. There will be no exceptions to the above steps for the 7-Day guarantee.
Here's an example of a proper warranty registration picture:
Screen Shot 2017-07-10 at 2.10.47 AM.png

MACNA San Diego Presentation:

Please keep all correspondence via email. You can contact Cherry Fish directly at [email protected]. We will do our best to reply to PM's here and other platforms, however, emails take precedence.

Fish shipping begins Monday 7/10/17.

We look forward to doing business with you, happy reefing!

Last edited:

nbagnardi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is awesome news! congrats to you all and not only will i be sure to order corals, but i'll definitely give the fish a look too!

pa1ntbru5h

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the launch! I've had issues in the past buying fish online even from vendors that claim they QT, so I've always been paranoid.
Hopefully Cherry Fish will be a retailer I can trust for fish!

OP
OP
Aqua Box

Aqua Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the launch!
Thank you!
I've had issues in the past buying fish online even from vendors that claim they QT, so I've always been paranoid.
Unfortunately, "QT" has become a marketing buzzword in some circles. Bare minimum practices are being passed off as fully quarantined (which admittedly is a debatable term in its own), which irks me since these animals land in the hands of aquarists who oftentimes are unprepared for what lies ahead.

Alas, to each their own :)
Hopefully Cherry Fish will be a retailer I can trust for fish!
Absolutely. We look forward to doing business with you!

Last edited:

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We worked for quite a while to bring these little gals in, they're so cute! :) I believe we're the first US online retailer to offer them, but don't quote me on that!

This is amazing. I love captive breed, I am so tempted to pull the trigger on these.

acharpenter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats dude - been looking forward to seeing this come to fruition! I will stick with anyone that puts the welfare of the animals above the price point - well done!!!

OP
OP
Aqua Box

Aqua Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have loaded a couple more rare fishes the past couple days and updated the first post with more information.
Congrats dude - been looking forward to seeing this come to fruition! I will stick with anyone that puts the welfare of the animals above the price point - well done!!!
Thanks, Angie! :D

As you know we want to stay competitive, however, we'll never be able to compete with retailers utilizing subpar suppliers or moving fishes out within a week or two.
looks awesome guys!
Thanks, Paul!

Last edited:

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Austin do you plan on carrying say normal fish like say a Yellow tang that has been QT for sale?

OP
OP
Aqua Box

Aqua Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Austin do you plan on carrying say normal fish like say a Yellow tang that has been QT for sale?
Absolutely!

Right now we have about eight species of more common fishes available including a Desjardini Tang and (wild) Flame Angel.

If there is anything in particular you are interested in shoot us an email and we'll add your request to our list.

Thanks!

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Aqua Box

Aqua Box

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know aquacultured Flames were available, has the industry had any success with other angels? Thanks for bringing these to market
Hi, Michael!

Yes, we tried to bring in the first batch late last summer, however, retail would've been about $200! That price point difference compared to wild-caught would not work. While we should all be supporting aquaculture efforts, the industry needs to be reasonable with pricing. This second batch we were able to get pricing down considerably.

We had some captive bred Coral Beauties, but they sold. We will have more available soon:
IMG_20161230_150314991.jpg

Other captive bred angels we can get include:
  • Maze Angelfish
  • Personatus Angelfish
  • Clarion Angelfish
  • Multicolor Angelfish
We're working with several breeders by supplying conditioned broodstock to make their job easier. Hope to share more info on that by this fall!

Spike-Man

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am one of the lucky customers to see the operation in person. I have been in the hobby for over 28 years and you will probably never see healthier fish. All of the fish out of QT and available for sale are extremely fat and happy. I wish you all the best.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back