• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Cherry's Acan Grow Out-subdivide

financialreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. So I spent way too much $ today in the J Fox live sale...gonna tell my wife it was all part of this growout.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the last of the fragging done just now so all that are left are the;

Cranberry Tort-this is one that was never on a list we ordered (check first post you will see there were 3 like that)
Illicium
Riddler
Tokyo Tart

Also there is the Yuki

Since all but the Illicium where on frag plugs, I cut the acan from the frag plug, below any skeleton of course and glued them to round frag discs so as the grow the will be simple to frag.

Everything I fraggged yesterday was open today and I'll post pics later in the week-the wife is threatning divorce :whip: and with tomorrow being our anniversary :clap2: I better put the "reef stuff" away for a few days-:pout:

Now on to the "honey do list"

C ya

Edit;

So I was just looking throught the initial post I did and I saw I made note of the "Rainbow Sun" as having 2 polyps. I'll look back and try to see what I was talking about but I never got the rainbow sun from Tysen. Here is the original list I made as I was placing things into the tank and noting polyup counts.
If you look in the upper left corner you will see I have rainbow sun and name under written down, its becuase those 2 where never written on any bag. Later from clcking on links I found what looked like name under construction.
If you look in the bottom right you see name under construction but you will also see (if you look hard) what was once a "?" since when I placed that in the tank there was no name so I marked it with a "?"

Hope that all makes sense, I'll try and see what I noted as 2 polyps but it's gonnatake some digging through the thread and time I dont have now.

List1.jpg

Last edited:

financialreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having read the other posts about grow outs, I'm really happy we got our stuff from tysen when we did. I'm also very happy to have gotten in with a bunch of honest and quality people. Thanks everyone!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not spend the time and look back through the thread to find out where I got mistaken by the rainbow sun, actually I forgot about it until I just logged in.
Anyway here are some pics as promised. That one acan is still looking terrible, and seems to slowly just disappearing. I have dipped it and it continues to look poor. I have NEVER had an acan just melt away, granted I have had a frag melt out but not one that had multiple polyps.
I have some "fish flex" that I use to dip zoas in when they are looking like they have some "fungal" issue going on, maybe I give that a shoot.
Sorry I wish I could pinpoint the issue, its strange as heck, all the others around it ar doing great.

Frags3.jpg

Frags2-1.jpg

Frags1-1.jpg

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Financial PM'd me and said he mailed labels out yesterday-How does everyone feel about a ship out date of 9/27 for a 9/28 arrival?

LMK

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good to me. Can you leave my box blank this time (my office freaked out about "live corals")? Ha!
You got it, I had the wife write that in hopes that UPS would be 'gentle' and respect the 'fragile' that was also written.

As of now all looks good for next Thursday ship date, I'll PM Zero and Beerman if they dont chime in over the next couple days regarding next week.

I hope everyones are doing well that they have received so far!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I have been following the CC Live sale all day and am just blown away at how great of a group of acans we got here. i saw the Roswells sell for 600 for 4 polyp, evryone here is getting one of them!!!
Saw the highliters go for 500.00- we got them too, plus the highliter 2.0! Those at 300 for 4 polyps.

Hm thats 1400 for 3 of the ones we got OMG :clap2:

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I have been following the CC Live sale all day and am just blown away at how great of a group of acans we got here. i saw the Roswells sell for 600 for 4 polyp, evryone here is getting one of them!!!
Saw the highliters go for 500.00- we got them too, plus the highliter 2.0! Those at 300 for 4 polyps.

Hm thats 1400 for 3 of the ones we got OMG :clap2:

Holy cow, that's awesome!

Once these grow out I'm definitely going to start trading to build my collection, you don't see any of these up for sale/trade very often and people are definitely looking for them as you can see by the price they're selling for!

financialreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. Here's a list of what I got in a trade yesterday. I know we are all acan lovers in this growout and wanted to let you guys put your requests in first.
1. Black Hole Sun
2. Fools Gold
3. Tye Dye
4. Yuki Perfect 10
5. Blue Berry Surprise
6. Aqua Glare
7. Manhattan
8. Ktar Flaming Phoenix
9. Dragons Tail
10. Cherry Blossom
11. Envie
12. Pink & Gold
13. Mau Thai? Mai Tai?
14. Orange Flame
15. Pinky & The Brain
16. Halo

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. Here's a list of what I got in a trade yesterday. I know we are all acan lovers in this growout and wanted to let you guys put your requests in first.
1. Black Hole Sun
2. Fools Gold
3. Tye Dye
4. Yuki Perfect 10
5. Blue Berry Surprise
6. Aqua Glare
7. Manhattan
8. Ktar Flaming Phoenix
9. Dragons Tail
10. Cherry Blossom
11. Envie
12. Pink & Gold
13. Mau Thai? Mai Tai?
14. Orange Flame
15. Pinky & The Brain
16. Halo

Are those all acans?

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are all acans.

Sweet, is there a place that has pics or is google my friend?
LOL
I did grab an acan in the 24 hour sale I was going to see if the group wanted in on, it was the " Blue Rimmed Rainbow"

Last edited:

zero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great fine...what's the price for the flaming phoenix and mai tai? Most of those on the list we should have in the growout.

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T minus 48 hours :roll:

If I can count right there will be 14 frags coming :clap2:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back