Chiller fail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have a problem, the chiller measures a temperature of 81F and when it turns on it drops to 77F, but in 5 minutes it measures 81 again and then turns on and drops to 77 which turns off again, and so on, a loop. A curious fact is that the temperature inside the fish tank does not vary within that period as measured by the fish tank thermostat. The chiller is activeaqua AACH25 1/4hp.

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you read the attached troubleshooting guide and is it displaying P1 Error code on the display for Temperature sensor?

Is the pump working? Please check to make sure that water is passing through through the chiller and exiting from the discharge tubing and not just being cooled inside of the chiller.

Attachments

• Active-Aqua-Chiller-Troubleshooting-Guide.pdf
    189.2 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you read the attached troubleshooting guide and is it displaying P1 Error code on the display for Temperature sensor?

Is the pump working? Please check to make sure that water is passing through through the chiller and exiting from the discharge tubing and not just being cooled inside of the chiller.
I have the chiller connected to the pipe stopcock at the sump rise and the water comes out through the hose to the same sump rise area.

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the chiller connected to the pipe stopcock at the sump rise and the water comes out through the hose to the same sump rise area.
Is the chiller getting it's own cooled water and thinking the job is done?

OP
OP
K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the chiller getting it's own cooled water and thinking the job is done?
I don't know, I have a friend who has the same problem with a chiller of the same brand and he has his chiller with an independent pump in the downstream area and the outlet hose in the upstream area and it does the same as mine. .

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back