Well I have been pretty busy lately....
I've picked up several more SPS colonies/ mini-colonies, 3 modded maxi-jets, an ocean runner 2500, and..... a 4-4.5" female Macropharyngodon meleagris (regular leopard wrasse)!
The colonies all survived their dips, some color loss but should bounce back just fine. :) I'm still tweeking the maxi-jets as far as how many I will actually use, and where I want to position them but right now 2 constantly on seem to be doing good with my 4 koralia evolutions alternating on a random timer.
I picked the ocean runner up for one of three purposes... It was either going to become a 2nd return pump on this system, a return pump for a future setup, or.... I was going to try to mod it with a mesh wheel impeller I already had from a different pump that fried, and make it into a skimmer pump. My main hope and #1 plan was the additional skimmer pump.... SUCCESS!!!! I was able to make my own rigged up venturi (if you want to call it that... but it sucks air through and into the pump), and the meshwheel fit great with a little modification so my skimmer is back running at 3 pumps again, yes I said my skimmer runs 3 pumps :) I have the AquaEuro 400, I got it with a bad pump when I bought it used (knowing it was a bad pump) and never messed with it because it did a pretty good job, well it is insane now! It has sucked about 3/4" (in the cup) of crud out of my system in about 45 minutes, and I have the water level set much lower then before!
The leopard is doing great and came from a friend who was shutting his tank down, she has been in captivity for 2yrs or so and doing excellent!!! No one has been messing with her and she has not bothered my Potters Leopard wrasse pair that is a bit smaller then her either :)