OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the return to this topic! Stunning photo.
Coke Light is now on the tank, Radion?

Yessir, Radions for the life of the tank. Currently using Generation 3. I would like to try Gen4 but because we watch a lot of movies in this room I'm worried about the extra light from the hemispherical lens. Still need to get my hands on one to test it out.

I'd say Chris' setup is okay if you are into perfect tanks, fish, corals and photography. Other than that, nothing special.

Haha best comment 2017 ;)

You have an amazing tank, and the fish you put in are awesome.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I absolutely LOVE following this build! Is it weird that I'm exited about your new camera?? LOL! Looking forward to lots of new pics! :D

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is amazing build i have loved this tank from day one as soon as i saw the Radions toning on the tank. This tank and d2mini's tank are the ones making me consider a Elos 70 for my self in my living room. Thank Chris for this inspiring build.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
. I would like to try Gen4 but because we watch a lot of movies in this room I'm worried about the extra light from the hemispherical lens. Still need to get my hands on one to test it out.

I am sure ETM would not mind sending you one to test!

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump reorganization is pretty close to being complete. I purchased a ZeroEdge Series 7 sump back when the original ELOS sump cracked, but it sat on a shelf until recently. Most of the ELOS sump was partitioned for the freshwater reservoir, and so this one increases overall volume. Still, there ends up being less usable equipment space because of the covered overflow/filter sock section. It will be nice though to have a filter sock that's sized more appropriately for the system.

The overflow run is much shorter, and is just a drop with a 90º to keep things from gaining too much speed from a free fall. I enlarged the bulkheads to fit the 1½" pipe, but am just using the second as a spot to drop in the heaters. Still have to get the dosing lines hooked up, but I added a pair of bulkheads after the skimmer chamber to keep things in place.

In order to get some room back in the sump, I decided to pull the return pump out and plumb it up outside since the Reef Octopus are submersible/external. This frees up the return pump chamber for the biopellet reactor, which has been offline for quite awhile; I've been vodka dosing in the meantime.

The protein skimmer was a tight fit, and the outlet needed to be adjusted to wrap around to the other side so that it expels water before the baffle. I had to dig up metric PVC to make this work. The skimmer is one of only a few remaining pieces of original equipment from the ELOS System AIO.

The_inspector

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from the UK Chris. I have to say that your tank and pictures are truly amazing - enough to make a budding Reefer jealous! lol I am currently in the 'Reading' stage of sorting out a reef tank and was already looking at the ELOS Range - the System 100 specifically. Are you aware of any changes they have made to the newer models since you acquired yours? For instance is the skimmer a newer model? Even though ELOS are Italian there aren't many places in the UK to view them so opinions count massively!

Many thanks and keep up with the posts - gives us something to aim for! :):)

tangerine3486

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! I had to go about a year and a half back for a full tank shoot. Got any new ones?

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from the UK Chris. I have to say that your tank and pictures are truly amazing - enough to make a budding Reefer jealous! lol I am currently in the 'Reading' stage of sorting out a reef tank and was already looking at the ELOS Range - the System 100 specifically. Are you aware of any changes they have made to the newer models since you acquired yours? For instance is the skimmer a newer model? Even though ELOS are Italian there aren't many places in the UK to view them so opinions count massively!

Many thanks and keep up with the posts - gives us something to aim for! :):)

Nothing too crazy. I believe the major redesign was with regard to the stand, and the internals of the overflow were refreshed. Still has the low-volume corner overflow style, which is a big reason they are the cleanest looking aquariums. The bundled skimmer hasn't changed as far as I know, but I believe ELOS has introduced a DC pump of their own so I'd be surprised if they were still shipping with Sicce.

Great looking tank! I had to go about a year and a half back for a full tank shoot. Got any new ones?

Nothing recent. I was pretty bad about full tank shots for awhile; I think this is the most recent I have:

Zaffor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chris dont the new Elos have an updated overflow that is tune-able? I saw a build thread ( i think d2mini ) that explained it with a little more detail.

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tangerine3486

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks fantastic! How do you like those lights? Those are Radion xr30 pro?

Also great photos. I cannot get decent fish photos. What ISO do you shoot at?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back