OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been said before, but your photography is just amazing. Well done, your tank is an inspiration.

Those picture are insanely good!!!!

Looks fantastic! How do you like those lights? Those are Radion xr30 pro?

Also great photos. I cannot get decent fish photos. What ISO do you shoot at?

The MkII will max out at ISO 2000 before it gets what I consider "too much" noise. I'm finding the MkIV looks about the same at ISO 4000.

shawnriv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using Hatchery Diet by Sustainable Aquatics. New Life is a good pellet as well, but I do use the 0.5mm size at first to ween them on. I've had eventual luck getting both Dispar and Ignitus onto pellets. I feed mostly frozen, but I do feed pellets when I get busy or am away for the weekend to keep the weight on.

I actually own a bottle of the .8mm and the texture is almost like sand. I tried it once and the fish didn't even seem to notice I threw anything in the tank. And what kind of frozen do you feed and how often?

tangerine3486

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I'm shooting in a 70D and am a little worried of bumping the ISO that high on my smaller sensor. At least the corals sit still for the most part!

How has the growth under the radios been?

Mauricio Figueroa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In order to get some room back in the sump, I decided to pull the return pump out and plumb it up outside since the Reef Octopus are submersible/external. This frees up the return pump chamber for the biopellet reactor, which has been offline for quite awhile; I've been vodka dosing in the meantime.

[/QUOTE]
Hello Chris! Many congratulations, wonderful aquarium and impeccable work, the question, which calculation do you use to dose the vodka?

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the late responses.

I actually own a bottle of the .8mm and the texture is almost like sand. I tried it once and the fish didn't even seem to notice I threw anything in the tank. And what kind of frozen do you feed and how often?
Lately I've been feeding primarily Ova, Reef Nutrition Roe, Spirulina Brine, and Hikari Mysis, with the occasional pellet feeding.

How has the growth under the radios been?
It's been great. It's hard to compare as my other system has the same corals but is also under Radions. I know others that get faster growth than I do, but I can't attribute it to lighting.

Hello Chris! Many congratulations, wonderful aquarium and impeccable work, the question, which calculation do you use to dose the vodka?
Thanks! I basically increased dosing by 1 ml per week until I saw similar nutrients, then leveled off. I think 4 ml per day ended up being the maintenance dose.

Hey Chris, what product(s) did you use to glue together the rocks structure on the left?
I always use PaleoBond Jurassic Gel with an accelerator, which can keep pretty large rocks together with a decent contact patch.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Recently added a small group of P. smithvanizi thanks to @ZoaCollector. Another pretty tough species to ween off of live foods, but fairly hardy and social eventually.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos (as usual, these are awesome)!!

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice Chris. Training them to eat in separate QT tank or right in the DT?

Training separately with baby brine. I'm confident I wouldn't have any if I put them into the display directly; they were pretty slow learners.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your photos (as usual, these are awesome)!!

Thanks, Daniel :)

OP
OP
ChristopherKriens

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting a few photos every day until I run out.

Yellow tang split by the morning sunlight through the window and the early morning red/blue tank lighting.

Bartletts' males. When they squabble, the pelvic and anal fins develop a slight red margin.

elos-335.jpg

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back