Chris' algae farm (ELOS 160)

Hey Chris how is the stock skimmer working for you. I'm deciding if I should go with it or not, when I order my 160. lot of reviews say it's not powerfull enough any feed back would be greatly appreciated
 
Any updates on this or the frag tank Chris? :D
 
IMG_1479941028.720418.jpg


Can you tell me who makes this reactor?
 
I agree Rev, I have the same tank and have to go follow him over there.
 
Some beauty shots of the wet side area of the sump.







Dude your tank is out of this world. Im fairly new to reef keeping started with a fluval osaka 260. Jumped straight into it, too quick! with two canister filters lol. Now tho ive moved out in my own flat with only the room for a small tank. So have an 18" cube i want to set up but this time with a sump tank to increase water volume. I have to get your opinion on how i should set up the sump??? As the left hand side of your tank is what im hoping to acheive.
Ive tried to keep looking at your pics to see what you have in your sump! Hehe
Please any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers Aaron
 
Next morning everything was settled down. Low iron glass is a beautiful thing.
elos-5.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Do you happen to remember what size rock this is? (In terms of weight?) looking to order something as big from BRS. Thanks
 
Paging Chris.... we are ready for an update. This is one of my favorite tanks!
 
Do you happen to remember what size rock this is? (In terms of weight?) looking to order something as big from BRS. Thanks

Luckily, I never delete my emails. The base rock on the left and entire rock on the right were what I received after making an order for 56 lbs.

Hey Chris how is the stock skimmer working for you. I'm deciding if I should go with it or not, when I order my 160. lot of reviews say it's not powerfull enough any feed back would be greatly appreciated

It works well enough, but I did upgrade the pump to a Reef Octopus some time ago. I imagine my carbon dosing probably picks up some slack if the skimmer does actually underperform a little.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new