Cinnamon Clowns

ProfessorAronnax

Conscientious Marine Aquarist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have any experience with cinnamon clowns? I've got a pair and love them, but they are kind of mean. They love to beat up on my poor clown goby and each other (tallied that up to pairing fr dominance and whos going to be the female). I've never owned this species before and the behavior is really different from ocellaris or percula.

Thoughts/opinions?

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like everything you read about them. They are highly aggressive like all the non perc/ocilaris clowns. Tomato’s, cinimons, maroons are notoriously some of the most aggressive.

OP
OP
ProfessorAronnax

ProfessorAronnax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wdo you think by adding a semi aggressive fish it would take pressure off the smaller ones or just create a new set of issues?

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding anything new will likely just mean you get something else that gets beaten up. They might in time leave your original fish alone but they are hard wired to be mean and protect their territory.
The only time I've seen them become less of a problem is when they have enough space and enough other fish for their aggression to be diluted but they are big and bold and cover a large area.

I had one that was left on the door step of a lfs I worked at and it lived in a 8x2' coral bay. It had an anemone and lived like a king but would swim every inch of that 8 foot in order to bite me whenever I put my hands in, still it was the best coral tray security you could get. Even though it was a violent attacker I was pretty fond of it.

OP
OP
ProfessorAronnax

ProfessorAronnax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding anything new will likely just mean you get something else that gets beaten up. They might in time leave your original fish alone but they are hard wired to be mean and protect their territory.
The only time I've seen them become less of a problem is when they have enough space and enough other fish for their aggression to be diluted but they are big and bold and cover a large area.

I had one that was left on the door step of a lfs I worked at and it lived in a 8x2' coral bay. It had an anemone and lived like a king but would swim every inch of that 8 foot in order to bite me whenever I put my hands in, still it was the best coral tray security you could get. Even though it was a violent attacker I was pretty fond of it.
Wow!I'd read they could be semi aggressive but I had no idea...Does a bite from a full sized one hurt?

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a tomato clown and shes a model citizen until i tried to pair her with another tomato and she literally tried to kill him had to move him into the QT tank going to attempt to reintroduce him with an isolation box i got off amazon if that doesn't work i will return him as the lfs said they would take him back

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back