Cirrhilabrus Rubriventralis

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would I be able to combine the Cirrhilabrus Rubriventralis with my carpenter wrasse and yellow halichoeres wrasse? My tank is a mixed reef waterbox peninsula 3620? According to the wrasse article here on reef2reef I should be able to, but not sure about the tank size. Any advice would be welcome.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these wrasses, and they can be aggressive. Mine often bullied my McCoskers, and tried to kill a pair of new possum wrasses a few weeks ago, and so I ended up having to move him into a different tank.

If you’re going to have one in your tank, make sure he’s the last wrasse added. They can be okay if added to a tank with established wrasses, but will torment any new wrasses you’d add in the future.

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one of these wrasses, and they can be aggressive. Mine often bullied my McCoskers, and tried to kill a pair of new possum wrasses a few weeks ago, and so I ended up having to move him into a different tank.

If you’re going to have one in your tank, make sure he’s the last wrasse added. They can be okay if added to a tank with established wrasses, but will torment any new wrasses you’d add in the future.
Thanks for the input, the yellow and carptener wrasse are already in the tank. Yellow has also already transformed to a male, as he has the striping on his head.

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other fairy wrasse you could recommend that would work out with the flasher wrasse?
C. isosceles aka pintail fairy
C. brunneus aka dusky fairy
C. lunatus aka lunate fairy

These fairies stay on the smaller side and are peaceful.

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C. isosceles aka pintail fairy
C. brunneus aka dusky fairy
C. lunatus aka lunate fairy

These fairies stay on the smaller side and are peaceful.

love the isosceles, but the wife is going to kill me if I spend €400 on a fish >.<

will look at the lunatus as it seems best available.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love the isosceles, but the wife is going to kill me if I spend €400 on a fish >.<

will look at the lunatus as it seems best available.
Then she'll love a Lubbock's!

Pinktail/isosceles are in the 100-150 range around here last I checked. The price differences around the world for the same fish is nuts.

OP
OP
Christian0505

Christian0505

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pinktail/isosceles are in the 100-150 range around here last I checked. The price differences around the world for the same fish is nuts.

we have quite a few local coral suppliers in the netherlands, but for fish it’s a whole different story. Pretty much all stores have to buy at the same whole saler as it has more or less a monopoly position for many items, and tries to force stores to buy their lifestock there as well. Fish prices have increased insanely over the past 2 years.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I disagree with the Lubbocki in such a small tank. These guys really do use 4’ of length and although their size says they’ll fit, the activity isn’t fit for this size tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back