Clam foot?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JustAnt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JustAnt

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2016
Messages
582
Reaction score
430
Location
Westchester county, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my clam is a 3 inch maxima purchased from an LFS a couple of weeks ago.

Problem is I see no foot on him. Looks like a hole where his foot should be. I assume this is not normal, but will this cause his death?

He otherwise opens and closes and reacts to light. Just today I bought a clam hammock to try and keep him in one place and see if a foot appears. I assume the snails, crabs, and fish were the culprits moving him all over when I kept him in the sand bed.

Thanks for your input
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new