Clam with my blasto?

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 4, 2020
Messages
1,946
Reaction score
1,251
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this amazing blasto for 20$! It’s a small colony and it has what I think is a small clam attached. It’s alive still. Can anyone tell me what this is for sure and if it will hurt anything?

4A2E11DB-ECC3-4A80-BC25-15E1D46868A3.jpeg
 
Clams is normally filtrating animals and if you have some organic particles in your water - it will survive (and eating particles) - if you do not - it will die. IMO - having living clams in my aquaria indicate a good aquarium

Sincerely Lasse
 
Clams is normally filtrating animals and if you have some organic particles in your water - it will survive (and eating particles) - if you do not - it will die. IMO - having living clams in my aquaria indicate a good aquarium

Sincerely Lasse
Thank you. I’m fairly certain it’s a clam and it’s doing well. So are my blasto and zoa and my candy canes are continuing to split so I’m doing something right
 
Thank you. I’m fairly certain it’s a clam and it’s doing well. So are my blasto and zoa and my candy canes are continuing to split so I’m doing something right
Congrats on your buy one get one!

Stoked to see how this Lil one does!

Anyone know the growth rate on clams?
 
Depends on the species, as well as OP's ability to keep it happy. :D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new