Clams with seahorses?

cassilyn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

I just have a quick question. Can I safely put a clam in a seahorse tank? I'd like to have one, but not at the expense of my ponies.

Thanks!
Cassi

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clams could do quite fine. Seahorses will also up until they drag their tail across the clam and the clam slams shut on the tail.

Seabiscuit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone

I just have a quick question. Can I safely put a clam in a seahorse tank? I'd like to have one, but not at the expense of my ponies.

Thanks!
Cassi
I would love to have a clam for my seahorse tank, but I just couldn't take the chance of my seahorses getting injured. If I set up a sump one day, I'd put one in there.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the lighting could be the issues here. Do you use a high light/full spectrum with the horses? The parameters would be okay generally speaking, but the addition of trace elements will be essential for the clams. These are also not normally done in a horse tank. FMU

rayjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the lighting could be the issues here. Do you use a high light/full spectrum with the horses? The parameters would be okay generally speaking, but the addition of trace elements will be essential for the clams. These are also not normally done in a horse tank. FMU
The issue isn't the needs of the clams, it's the fact that a tail dragged across a clam get trapped and damages the tail so bacteria can set in.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back