Clarisea issues

Tony@D-D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, The cables are soldered onto the postive and negative terminals inside the motor housing, the outer cable is also installed in a one way type housing meaning that the cable would need to be physically pulled out of the motor and pull off of both solder joints and the outer sleeve receptacle.

This means that the cables will not just break off or pull out on its own, they have to either be physically pulled out or a dirty fleece has been removed by trying to uncoil the whole dirty roll rather than push/eject it off of the spool. This will result in the cable being snaked around and around and becoming damaged.

You can repair this if you have a soldering iron and the tools to enable you to get into the motor but im afraid it may happen again if the cable gets pulled or twisted around . The cable just hangs from the motor in a static manner in normal use so there shouldnt be any need for it to be pulled on.

I have attached a link to help forum members repair the motor if they pull out the cable accidentally or break out off.

i hope this helps :

best regards Tony

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've been running the clarisea 5000 since March and loved it until the last roll change. I recently bought the new bigger replacement roll from brs, and since the change every time the roll gets dirty enough to trigger the motor to engage it just won't budge. If I manually pull the paper so that the paper is clean the motor will spin. I completely took it apart cleaned everything put it back together and, once again as long as the paper is clean it will roll, its like the motor doesn't have enough a** to pull the larger roll when its dirty. Anyone else having this problem. This is my 4th roll that I have changed but the first time I've used this larger roll any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

Were you able to resolve the issue? If so, what did you do?

Unfortunately, I am still having issues with the filter roller. Honestly, I’ve never made it through a full roll without some type of major issue, and I am on roll six and about to give up.

After replacing the cruciform and changing to a brand new roll, the roller started alarming about halfway through. It appears as though the motor is not strong enough to advance the fleece. I have reset the roller several times, and have to advance the motor by pressing the button and helping the roll/motor with my other hand. This works for a little while, and the motor will actually advance on its own. The roll is moving perfectly flat… no bulge as I resolved that problem previously by adding the supplied support rod. The roll is centered and does not appear to snag anywhere.

I have rechecked the cruciform, reinstalled the fleece, checked and triple checked alignment… and all seems to be perfect. And, the fleece will advance when clean, but once it's dirty, it will not advance.

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I do appreciate D-D's troubleshooting assistance, as repetitive as it was, it ultimately proved useless… nothing but a waste of time.

I purchased this product with high hopes, even permanently modifying my brand new sump by removing the filter sock holders. What a mistake!

Unfortunately, this has been one of my worst reef equipment purchases. A lemon from the beginning. I am now on my 7th fleece roll and have not made it through a single roll without an issue requiring removing the roll at 50%-75%. What a pain! Filter socks are much less of a hassle and cheaper too!

It appears, at least on the forums, that many are experiencing the same issues that I am, a motor that will not advance the fleece after 50%-75% of the way through the roll. Mostly likely a design issue (undersized motor or power supply).

This unit is going in the trash.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.0%
Back