Clarkii clownfish

Tim Thurman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I'm new to this and I have two Clarkii clowns. One did the traditional twitch dance and after that the clowns did fine. Both hosted my BTA and now the other one kicked him out and won't let him back in. My question is should I get another nem for the outcast or let him be a homeless clown

IMG_1908.JPG

thegriffer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience it is probably best to just wait. Even the oldest clown couples can sometimes be seen fighting. I have a ocellaris pair that I have had for about 10 years now and the female still kicks the little guy out every once in a while but I remember for the first few months he was not allowed in the anemone at all.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. There is a clarkii pr in a very large tank I take care of, and there a few anemones. The female moves between two of them and doesn't let the male in either.

OP
OP
Tim Thurman

Tim Thurman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok awesome. Thanks guys! Just didn't know if I needed to give him a nem too. He was sleeping on the sand behind all my rocks. I thought he was dead but as soon as I kicked on the light this morning he moved and perked up

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clarkii pair used to sleep in the back left corner together. After a few months the female has moved into the BTA, but the male is still sleeping in the corner. They seem to get along fine the rest of the time. I chalk this up to mostly that the anemone still isn't big enough for both of them.

wkscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably better for the anemone too as it is small and having BOTH fish in it all of the time would probably be quite bothersome. :cool:

davocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In time the female may let the male join her, especially as the nem grows larger, or as they mature and spawn, they will both be close sharing egg cleaning duty.

Hipichix9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Has anyone put a Yellow or Blue Tang in with their Clarkii Clown? He is the only fish for now in a 55gallon reef tank. He currently has no BTA. Thanks!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 68 45.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 70 46.4%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.6%
Back