Clean-up-crew gear for outside your tank: Where do your reef towels come from?

Where do your reef towels come from? (select all that apply)

• Reef show giveaways.

Votes: 36 12.5%
  • Bought for use in reefing.

Votes: 57 19.9%
  • Used towels from the home.

Votes: 221 77.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 25 8.7%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

If you do water changes like I do, then towels are an important part of your reef tank gear. Sometimes it is just a little spill and other times it requires more than a large towel. More often, the need is simply to dry off my hands or some piece of equipment. Whatever the need or wherever the water came from, let’s talk about the towels. Some reef keepers get their towels from reefing conventions, from used towels in the home, bought for use in reef, a combination of the above, or maybe even another option. Where do your reef towels come from? If you happen to use a Reef2Reef towel we’d love to see a picture of it in action!

R2Rtowel.jpeg

You may have heard that there is a Partner Membership Drive happening right now. There is a chance to win over $45,000 in prizes and get some amazing R2R gear including a R2R towel with gold embroidery. Check out the details now!

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner3.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”

brclark82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually the hand towels from the bathroom right next to the tank…not a popular choice with the other half but generally what happens

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fancy reef towels here. Family members donate old towels along with our own old towels. I have 3 tanks in 3 rooms plus a tank in the spare room in the basement and a sump in the basement. I have towels everywhere in the house. Fortunately we don't entertain so my Gal doesn't complain too much. One of my dogs likes to have something with my smell on it in the morning and when he gets excited so it saves me from putting on wet pants or shirt because he'll grab a towel instead and carry it around.

EDIT : towel of choice this morning lol 20231027_105931.jpg

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to service tanks for a lfs that I worked for. They donated towels and also since I have been married for 42 years, we have accumulated a lot of towels that are now set aside for utilitarian use. Since my sump is in the basement and the display is in the living room, the cabinet for the display is where those towels are stored.

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @OrchidMiss!! , I do make custom reef hand towels, some of you might have seen them, they are 100% cotton, so they absorb nicely, but are only hand towel size, so occasionally I still use old bath towels for larger spills or under buckets for water changes.

But I do have the purty ones I make at every tank for hands or drips on glass.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

If you do water changes like I do, then towels are an important part of your reef tank gear. Sometimes it is just a little spill and other times it requires more than a large towel. More often, the need is simply to dry off my hands or some piece of equipment. Whatever the need or wherever the water came from, let’s talk about the towels. Some reef keepers get their towels from reefing conventions, from used towels in the home, bought for use in reef, a combination of the above, or maybe even another option. Where do your reef towels come from? If you happen to use a Reef2Reef towel we’d love to see a picture of it in action!

R2Rtowel.jpeg

You may have heard that there is a Partner Membership Drive happening right now. There is a chance to win over $45,000 in prizes and get some amazing R2R gear including a R2R towel with gold embroidery. Check out the details now!

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner3.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”
I was going to say - this must be a joke poll. Of course, the towel comes from R2R!!!

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use cheap golf towels with the carabiner to clip it on a belt loop so I always have a towel nearby when working.

I’m surprised I don’t see more reef branded golf towels at shows and from
Venders. At least r2r seems to have the memo

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back