Clean-up-crew gear for outside your tank: Where do your reef towels come from?

Where do your reef towels come from? (select all that apply)

• Reef show giveaways.

Votes: 36 12.5%
  • Bought for use in reefing.

Votes: 57 19.9%
  • Used towels from the home.

Votes: 221 77.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 25 8.7%

• Total voters

reef4dum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two sets of towels. I use one set for water changes and weekly maintenance. Then it gets cleaned. The other is in my Ro-Di station at the ready when needed.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fancy reef towels here. Family members donate old towels along with our own old towels. I have 3 tanks in 3 rooms plus a tank in the spare room in the basement and a sump in the basement. I have towels everywhere in the house. Fortunately we don't entertain so my Gal doesn't complain too much. One of my dogs likes to have something with my smell on it in the morning and when he gets excited so it saves me from putting on wet pants or shirt because he'll grab a towel instead and carry it around.

EDIT : towel of choice this morning lol 20231027_105931.jpg
Not part of the question at all but I was curious l, does your dog have any problems with slipping on your floors?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not part of the question at all but I was curious l, does your dog have any problems with slipping on your floors?
Not really. I have two and neither have trouble. I'm assuming you have a dog that does slip? Don't take this wrong but do you keep your dogs nails trimmed? I've noticed many people that do not do their dogs nails themselves and depend on a vet or groomer so sometimes the nails get too long between trimmings and contact the floor. If you can hear their nails clicking then their pads are not contacting the floor properly and this can cause them to slip.

Flatearth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The towels they sell at auto-parts stores that are extra soft are nice(for cleaning headlights I think?), I suspect they are the same thing as a towel designed for aquariums.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really. I have two and neither have trouble. I'm assuming you have a dog that does slip? Don't take this wrong but do you keep your dogs nails trimmed? I've noticed many people that do not do their dogs nails themselves and depend on a vet or groomer so sometimes the nails get too long between trimmings and contact the floor. If you can hear their nails clicking then their pads are not contacting the floor properly and this can cause them to slip.
Yes nails are trimmed regularly. I found a product that that slips over his nails and it helps him emencly. This dog was given to me after his owner died and I really don't know how old he is, I know he's over 10 and over 100 LBS.
Yes his nails get cut all the time. I didn't really have the problem until I replaced my floors. And the only dog I have now was given to me when his owner died. I really don't know how old he is I know he is over 10, and weights 100 LBS. I found a product for him that helps emencly. I just wounded about your dog and slipping. And stopping I have seen the poor guy crash into the front door when someone knocks. Anyway I will share this link with you if you ever have the problem it works. https://shop.toegrips.com/products/toegrips-gs

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use dish towels for my hands and to dry pieces of equipment. For large spills I have several old bath towels that do the job nicely.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back