Clean-up-crew gear for outside your tank: Where do your reef towels come from?

Where do your reef towels come from? (select all that apply)

• Reef show giveaways.

Votes: 36 12.5%
  • Bought for use in reefing.

Votes: 57 19.9%
  • Used towels from the home.

Votes: 221 77.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 25 8.7%

• Total voters

SlasherZ

I dunno, and at this point I'm too afraid to ask
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My toddler leaves clothes all over the house, so for most spills I usually have a little shirt or something within reach to just stomp and drag around...

But I do keep a dishrag under each tank for wiping tools down.

penguinexdeus

Poor Decision Maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you need a towel it doesn't matter where it comes from. That said I have my specific ones for reefing i try to use first...

oh... and bigger is better with towels

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two biggest tanks are in our open living room/kitchen so usually when I need a towel I grab one of the kitchen towels from the drawer. Surprisingly my wife doesn’t even complain about me using them as long as I take them upstairs to a dirty laundry basket when I’m done (which I usually don’t end up doing).

Onixom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Around 2010 me and Dad set up a tropical fish tank qnd used a washing up drying towel. Fast forward to getting my reef tank in 2021 it just so happened that the same towel "disappeared" and found its way into my cabinet under my tank.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you do water changes like I do, then towels are an important part of your reef tank gear. Sometimes it is just a little spill and other times it requires more than a large towel. More often, the need is simply to dry off my hands or some piece of equipment. Whatever the need or wherever the water came from, let’s talk about the towels. Some reef keepers get their towels from reefing conventions, from used towels in the home, bought for use in reef, a combination of the above, or maybe even another option. Where do your reef towels come from? If you happen to use a Reef2Reef towel we’d love to see a picture of it in action!

R2Rtowel.jpeg

You may have heard that there is a Partner Membership Drive happening right now. There is a chance to win over $45,000 in prizes and get some amazing R2R gear including a R2R towel with gold embroidery. Check out the details now!

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner3.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”
Since I only have old bath towels, I am really excited to get my R2R 24K Towel!

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine come from Bounty....as in Bounty paper towels :) Never had a use for any other towels other than a beach towel to throw on the floor when doing any major maintenance.

SueAbu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old Bath towels... New bath towels... Hubby's t-shirts... Bedspread. Whatever I can reach. When I overflow, I don't mess around, it's usually catastrophic!!!! (Just ask my insurance company...)

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired some "Adams Polishes" towels, intended for detailing cars. They're by far the best towel I've ever used for tank work.

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired some "Adams Polishes" towels, intended for detailing cars. They're by far the best towel I've ever used for tank work.
I've got some of those in my trunk that I use for my car! I'll have to try it out, do you just use them for wiping the outsides?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you do water changes like I do, then towels are an important part of your reef tank gear. Sometimes it is just a little spill and other times it requires more than a large towel. More often, the need is simply to dry off my hands or some piece of equipment. Whatever the need or wherever the water came from, let’s talk about the towels. Some reef keepers get their towels from reefing conventions, from used towels in the home, bought for use in reef, a combination of the above, or maybe even another option. Where do your reef towels come from? If you happen to use a Reef2Reef towel we’d love to see a picture of it in action!

R2Rtowel.jpeg

You may have heard that there is a Partner Membership Drive happening right now. There is a chance to win over $45,000 in prizes and get some amazing R2R gear including a R2R towel with gold embroidery. Check out the details now!

This QOTD is sponsored by: www.tidalgardens.com

TidalGardensBanner3.jpeg

“The goal of Tidal Gardens is to offer the highest quality corals to those seeking a piece of that world without destroying it. We hope to instill a deep appreciation for the natural reefs and help develop a self-sustaining hobby that no longer requires the collection of fish and corals.”
I hijacked some bath towels… BF was not too thrilled about that one lol

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my daughter was born 13 years ago, we immediately discovered that we needed A LOT more baby towels, so I went to Walmart and bought a 50 pack of colorful washcloths. I still use those a lot. Then there is the R2R towel I won in the poetry contest. This is my testing and food mixing station in the basement. You can also see the blue tank mat folded up in the lower left corner of the photo. I plan to break that out when the new hardwoods get installed. In the back is the infamous Sin Bin. It currently only houses a single hermit crab. I will be breaking down the Sin Bin next week after I move the main display tank for new flooring.

IMG_6094.jpg

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In emergencies I've been known to use a sock or even cut my shirt. But for tank cleanup I use old bath towels.

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some of those in my trunk that I use for my car! I'll have to try it out, do you just use them for wiping the outsides?
Wiping the glass, my arms, buckets, literally anything that gets wet. They're super absorbent and just big enough. Not huge and cumbersome like a bath towel. Way more absorbent than a dish towel.

SlasherZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wiping the glass, my arms, buckets, literally anything that gets wet. They're super absorbent and just big enough. Not huge and cumbersome like a bath towel. Way more absorbent than a dish towel.
Dope!

Water change Sunday is coming up; I'll make sure to give them a try out, Thanks for the reply!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 134 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back