Cleaner shrimp with eggs

DeepSeaReefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a cleaner shrimp today from my LFS noticed she had a ton of eggs when I got home.
I dont know anything about raising shrimp.
But I would love to give it a try I rather not have them become fish food
My tank is a IM 40
2 clowns
1 small tomini tang
1 yahsa goby
1 pistol shrimp

Any and all information and advice would be greatly appreciated

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can QT them in their own tank giving the eggs a chance of survival. Problem with them in a QT tank is that the fry of the cleaner shrimp are not the easiest to feed and also the mom will start to eat the babies as they are being born although it does not mean that you can't raise them to become adults. If you want to raise them you will have to put a spongy bottom of the tank. Shrimp will usually have her babies a couple of hours after the lights out and the hatchlings will swim to the first source of light that they see. Feed them on day old brine shrimp.

OP
OP
DeepSeaReefer7

DeepSeaReefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can QT them in their own tank giving the eggs a chance of survival. Problem with them in a QT tank is that the fry of the cleaner shrimp are not the easiest to feed and also the mom will start to eat the babies as they are being born although it does not mean that you can't raise them to become adults. If you want to raise them you will have to put a spongy bottom of the tank. Shrimp will usually have her babies a couple of hours after the lights out and the hatchlings will swim to the first source of light that they see. Feed them on day old brine shrimp.
Thanks I'm gonna have to setup a small tank tomorrow I kinda wanna see if I can raise them I think it will be a fun challenge

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back