Cleaner Shrimp with eggs

DeepSeaReefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i posted this in the invert section and didn't get much help,
yesterday i bought a cleaner shrimp and she was loaded with eggs
the general consensus was my fish were going to have a free meal when she releases them
i on the other hand think it would be cool and educational to try and raise them
i did the typical youtube search and that wasn't any help either.
i have an IM40 not much room
and i am trying to avoid having to setup other tank
Im hoping to be able to use a hang on breeding box but i clearly don't know anything about breeding and raising shrimp

any advice and help would be greatly appreciated

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may hatch for you. But none have managed to find a.sufficient food source to sustain them. Good luck.

sabeypets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are hard to raise with a larval stage of 60+ days to metamorphosis. You will need a separate tank to raise them in. Peppermint shrimp are easy with a larval stage of 18-30 days (depending on species) to metamorphosis. Research peppermint shrimp they will be similar to raise the cleaner shrimp. Marine Breeders Initiative is a good site with good information. How to Train and Raise Peppermint Shrimp by Karen Randall is abook with good information

OP
OP
DeepSeaReefer7

DeepSeaReefer7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are hard to raise with a larval stage of 60+ days to metamorphosis. You will need a separate tank to raise them in. Peppermint shrimp are easy with a larval stage of 18-30 days (depending on species) to metamorphosis. Research peppermint shrimp they will be similar to raise the cleaner shrimp. Marine Breeders Initiative is a good site with good information. How to Train and Raise Peppermint Shrimp by Karen Randall is abook with good information

Thank you i will check it out

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Healthy shrimp will hatch eggs every few weeks but I am sorry at this time it is just about impossible to raise them in a home tank.
Maybe the above link will prove me wrong. I hope so.

Back