Cleaning a used sw tank help

aythatguy26

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2016
Messages
312
Reaction score
184
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a used Biocube and they had white sand in it before and there's still sand in the bottom from after they removed the majority of it. How can I do a good cleaning and remove all the sand? I'm wanting to do a black sandbed and would really like it to not have any white sand in it.
 
Best way is a bit of water and then siphon the sand out. If you use a towel you may scratch the glass. As far as a thorough cleaning, once all the white sand is out a good 50/50 water/vinegar soak to get the nasties out of it.
 
Yes a lot of rinsing and lots of vinegar to soak up the calcium on the glass and back.
 
I used a shopvac once I got most of the water out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new