Cleaning crew just Trigger snacks

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my triggers, but man do they cost me a lot in cleaning crews. Any recommendations on cleaners, that my trigger will not enjoy as snacks? I need omni, herbi, and carnivores.

I love using seahares for alge control, but my lfs closed. I am literally an hour from liveaquaria, but ordering these guy through the mail is a death sentence as they ink in the bag.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on the type of trigger, but urchins work many times. Always introduce anything new after bedtime, at least give them a better chance.

OP
OP
Damon Jensen

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try starfish. Triggers usually leave them alone. XL hermit crabs are usually good with them too they just have to be larger than the trigger can eat
Oh, thanks i do have two chocolate chip, that my blueline insist on flipping

OP
OP
Damon Jensen

Damon Jensen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid of the boys, OT (Original Trigger) Picasso , Pennywise, Clown trigger, Brad, blueline. OT is about 5 years old, Pennywise, was about 1 1/2 inches when I got home and I got Brad about a month later and he was even smaller. Pennywise, loves seaweed.....I have never seen that in a tigger before

Attachments

• 20210416_095856.mp4
    84.3 MB
  • 20210416_100346.mp4
    89.6 MB

marin8n

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up on cleaning crew with my Humu/Blue throat/Niger/Puffer/Tuskfish. Been dosing NO3PO4X for a couple of years now to control nutrients/algae

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vid of the boys, OT (Original Trigger) Picasso , Pennywise, Clown trigger, Brad, blueline. OT is about 5 years old, Pennywise, was about 1 1/2 inches when I got home and I got Brad about a month later and he was even smaller. Pennywise, loves seaweed.....I have never seen that in a tigger before
Pennywise is such a great name for a clowntrigger

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever try any type of cleanup crew? I have 3 triggers (picasso, Niger, Clown) and a fiji puffer. I can't see how any type of cleanup crew would survive. About once a year I collect snails and hermits from tide pools here in socal. Last time I collected about 50 hermits and maybe 100 snails. I don't even think anything made it past a week. However, I have a of sea shells if anyone needs them...ha.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have alot of rock for the hermits to hide in while the lights are on? Mine have become completely nocturnal due to the mouths swimming around. They do get there share but I really only add hermits and some turbo snails once a year. I have a Clown, Assasi, hawaiian black, Niger, Huma and a pinktail. Here a vid showing the amount of rock in my display and the animals.

socalfishy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my tank is basically a trigger tank 4 of them largest 10" the rest are 5-7"

I used turbo snails the size of ping pong / golf balls. They might get picked up but never consumed. I have 4 electric blue hermit crabs that are full grown around 1.5" with the right size shell they can survive triggerfish.

My triggers eat on a set schedule about 3 sometimes 4 times a day the first meal is larger before i go to work and as soon as i come home i let them snack, then once i get my own dinner down they get another snack. spreading out little snacks keeps everyone happy. I have my fish trained to eat massivore and assorted spectrum thera plus and regular. The heavy morning feed is squid.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HB AL.
Thats way more rock than I have. I should probably add more. A year ago or so I added a lot of hermits and 2 or 3 learned to be nocturnal. I would see them with a flashlight at night. I think they lasted about 4 months or so. This last time I think they all got picked off too fast.

SOCALFISHY

You get extra large sizes and they survive? hmmm, I should try that.

NoahLikesFish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my triggers, but man do they cost me a lot in cleaning crews. Any recommendations on cleaners, that my trigger will not enjoy as snacks? I need omni, herbi, and carnivores.

I love using seahares for alge control, but my lfs closed. I am literally an hour from liveaquaria, but ordering these guy through the mail is a death sentence as they ink in the bag.
wait can seahare live in 20 gal with aip file?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back