Cleaning overflow

Welcome to the club! I'd suggest a wet/dry shopvac. Shove her down there and let it rip!
Weird Fish Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
 
Upvote 0
I see a lot of waste on the bottom of my overflow. It is 29 inch down. How often and how do you clean it? Should there are a lot of copopods in there
I never clean it- once settled is part of ecosystem of tank. Once disturbed gets into water column causing haziness
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Welcome. I would leave it alone. Consider it a micro sump chamber.
black ish appearance GIF
 
Upvote 0
I see a lot of waste on the bottom of my overflow. It is 29 inch down. How often and how do you clean it? Should there are a lot of copopods in there
I never cleaned mine although I suppose you could
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new