Cleaning Tips for Red Sea Reefer Series

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make it simple, the glass on my Reefer is amazing and I want to keep it looking clean and shiny as new. I'm skeptical about Mag Floats as I've scratched other aquariums regardless of how careful I am. The main problem I'm having is that my Reefer 450 gets what appear to be drip stains on the glass with the slightest drips from maintenance. It makes me avoid cleaning due to making more a mess. I have tried vinegar, Windex, and RO with microfiber cloth and very little luck. I have to buff at the glass for a bit in each spot to get them off and actually as I'm cleaning it seems to make more. I'm lost on what to do and hope someone else has experienced this and found a solution. I'd upload a picture but they don't show the marks. I can't imagine this is normal and have never had a problem with other tanks. Thanks in advance for your feedback on this matter!

Bobby C.
Incloud Design

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To make it simple, the glass on my Reefer is amazing and I want to keep it looking clean and shiny as new. I'm skeptical about Mag Floats as I've scratched other aquariums regardless of how careful I am. The main problem I'm having is that my Reefer 450 gets what appear to be drip stains on the glass with the slightest drips from maintenance. It makes me avoid cleaning due to making more a mess. I have tried vinegar, Windex, and RO with microfiber cloth and very little luck. I have to buff at the glass for a bit in each spot to get them off and actually as I'm cleaning it seems to make more. I'm lost on what to do and hope someone else has experienced this and found a solution. I'd upload a picture but they don't show the marks. I can't imagine this is normal and have never had a problem with other tanks. Thanks in advance for your feedback on this matter!

Bobby C.
Incloud Design
Hello, Bobby
If just wash down the entire glass with a washcloth soaked with tap water (to get all the salt off the glass), and dry it with a fresh towel.
Spot cleaning is tough for myself, and just leads to streaks and smears... :mad:

Tagging along for a better way too.

:)

OP
OP
incloud design

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Bobby
If just wash down the entire glass with a washcloth soaked with tap water (to get all the salt off the glass), and dry it with a fresh towel.
Spot cleaning is tough for myself, and just leads to streaks and smears... :mad:

Tagging along for a better way too.

:)

That sounds great but drips are like stains and will not come off without really working at the glass. It's weird but true and drives me nuts!

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds great but drips are like stains and will not come off without really working at the glass. It's weird but true and drives me nuts!

I use this glasses cleaner spray on a microfiber cloth. I spray the cloth away from the tank and rub and buff. Don’t spray the glass directly though. I was wondering if there was a specific spray for glass tanks though

OP
OP
incloud design

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use this glasses cleaner spray on a microfiber cloth. I spray the cloth away from the tank and rub and buff. Don’t spray the glass directly though. I was wondering if there was a specific spray for glass tanks though

I've been using glass plus and it's a little better. I'm just extra careful not to drip.

Back