OP
Sourdoh

Sourdoh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well... you probably want 1-2 trochus snails for glass duty and a blue legged or crab or two for scavenger duty (not sure if you have rocks or corals).
I do plan on having corals and I do have rock. I've heard hermits can be aggresive no? Shouldn't I get a nassarius or tiger conch for the sand as well?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my evo I think I had 2 astrae snails, 2 margarita snails (the "coraline" type that are supposed to be more tropical), and 2 nassarius snails (this sand digging type), and a emerald crab (in my OPINION the females are MORE reef safe but still).

OP
OP
Sourdoh

Sourdoh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my evo I think I had 2 astrae snails, 2 margarita snails (the "coraline" type that are supposed to be more tropical), and 2 nassarius snails (this sand digging type), and a emerald crab (in my OPINION the females are MORE reef safe but still).
Forgive me if this is a dumb question but will any of those eat the pellets that are leftover?

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah they should all feed on whatever left over food and gunk they can find. . . I would feed a little extra, especially if you go with an emerald. . . but may would advise against an emerald anyway haha

OP
OP
Sourdoh

Sourdoh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for an idea of where I am at, I was thinking a single nassarius and a pom pom crab. Id plan on adding a snail once I see algae start to grow. Probably one astrea. Small tank o shouldn't need much.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
As the title states what is a good cleanup crew for a 5 gallon with the blenny. He is fed pellets so what inverts will eat the pellets?
For diatoms and algae-
astrea
cerith
nerite
trochus
nassarius

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do plan on having corals and I do have rock. I've heard hermits can be aggresive no? Shouldn't I get a nassarius or tiger conch for the sand as well?
Only if you starve them, lol. Yes, you can get cerith or nassarius snails for the sand; a conch is probably overkill for a 5-gallon tank.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back