Clear PVC glue

  • Thread starter Thread starter cba191
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cba191

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2012
Messages
1,127
Reaction score
953
Location
salt lake city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the best clear PVC glue to use? I sucked it up and paid the colored PVC premium and don't want purple seams on my yellow pipes.
 
This is the brand carried in all the hardware stores around here.

Screenshot_20260423-182801.png
z
 
People will swear you don't need primer for the low pressure aquarium pumps we use, but I have always used primer. Clear primer and glue.
 
edit: Home depot doesn't stock the clear primer. Lowes does though.

is there anyone that makes clear primer? everything seems to be purple.
 
Last edited:
edit: Home depot doesn't stock the clear primer. Lowes does though.

is there anyone that makes clear primer? everything seems to be purple.
Go to an irrigation/plumbing supply warehouse, the primer and cement I mentioned above are both clear, as are offerings from numerous other brands.

You’ll only see purple primer at the hardware store because many places require it for work inspection purposes of home water plumbing! (so the inspector can quickly see that the plumber actually used primer/didn’t forget to glue any joints)
 
Go to an irrigation/plumbing supply warehouse, the primer and cement I mentioned above are both clear, as are offerings from numerous other brands.

You’ll only see purple primer at the hardware store because many places require it for work inspection purposes of home water plumbing! (so the inspector can quickly see that the plumber actually used primer/didn’t forget to glue any joints)
that makes sense
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new