Clear sump baffles

Lex_510

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2020
Messages
237
Reaction score
69
Location
Ceres
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wanted to use this sump with a fuge in the center. The issue is it has clear baffles and will cause light spill. Is there Any DIY materials that is reef safe that I can stick, glue, or to darken the baffles from light to other sections

image.jpg
 
Last edited:
I made a couple pod hotels out of it. I dont remember what grade of plastic it is, but its held up very well for that purpose.

Just found this online about it:
  • Non-toxic. Made from polypropylene, corrugated plastic is completely non-toxic to humans and animals. Unlike other plastics that contain harmful BPA, corrugated plastic can withstand high and low temperatures without releasing harmful chemicals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new