ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More shipments getting ready to go!

lids_zpsdtk6dnic.jpg

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I received my screen top yesterday and got it installed today.
I have to say I am very happy with the results.
Perfect fit.
Thank-you @ArtFully Acrylic
Your CS is above and beyond normal expectations.

I'll try and get some pictures up later.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I didn't need any cutouts or feed doors, how long would it take to make a 36"x36" screen?

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received my screen top yesterday and got it installed today.
I have to say I am very happy with the results.
Perfect fit.
Thank-you @ArtFully Acrylic
Your CS is above and beyond normal expectations.

I'll try and get some pictures up later.

Thanks mfinn!! We look forward to seeing the pics!!

If I didn't need any cutouts or feed doors, how long would it take to make a 36"x36" screen?

Hi Maximus, approximately 3 weeks.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The hole of my tank is not square at the corner it's rounded can you still make the frame to fit.

Yes, we most certainly can. We will just need to verify the radius of the corner prior to programming. This can be done a number of ways.

The best, if available, is to verify the radius with the manufacturer.
If they don't know or you cannot do this, we have you utilize a common household item (i.e. spice bottle, quarter, nickle, coffee can) to find one that presents the best 'fit' to the corner. We can derive the needed info from this in most cases.
Last case, though rarely needed, we can have you send in a template cutout tracing from the top opening on your tank. Again, this is rarely needed, but handles those few percent with a totally bizarre setup.

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Incredible Corals

Hey! I purchased a lid from you when you first released them. I LOVE my lid, but saw the new feed doors. Is that something that the original lids can be modified to have as well? I don't have issues with fish, but my kids keep taking the doors and they wonder off. Thanks!!

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys made one for a Cadlights 220G yet?

We have not, but have done most of the Cadlights tanks and not had any issues. We have received 3 requests for the 220 Cadlights Artisan today alone. The lid you would need to order at this time would be a Custom 14-16sf lid. I've included the link below. Let us know if you have any other questions! http://artfullyacrylic.3dcartstores.com/Custom-14-16-ClearView-Lid_p_1916.html

@Incredible Corals

Hey! I purchased a lid from you when you first released them. I LOVE my lid, but saw the new feed doors. Is that something that the original lids can be modified to have as well? I don't have issues with fish, but my kids keep taking the doors and they wonder off. Thanks!!

Looks like a fellow enthusiast already tried to take care of you here. As you have only the standard feed door you will actually need this combo http://artfullyacrylic.3dcartstores.com/Replacement-Keyed-Feed-DoorLocker-Ring-COMBO_p_1973.html. We have maintained a 'standard' with our feed doors to ensure backwards compatibility as new offerings became available. Our locking feed door is intended to keep larger fish/eels prone to escape in the tank. It prevents them from knocking the feed door off the lid as it contains a secondary set of locking tabs on the bottom side of the lid. The locking doors require you to lift up on the main lid a bit and slide them out for removal. Though not designed to prevent kids from running off with them, they will indeed prevent most smaller/younger children from easily removing them so are more likely to remain with the tank as intended ;).

Last edited:
OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going on 6 months and no sign of any issue.

Thanks for chiming in =).

Thanks for chiming in and lending a hand =). The link you provided is for those with a locker door needing a new/extra ring. For those that have a standard feed door, you would need the locker ring combo shown here http://artfullyacrylic.3dcartstores.com/Replacement-Keyed-Feed-DoorLocker-Ring-COMBO_p_1973.html

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks mfinn!! We look forward to seeing the pics!!

Hi Maximus, approximately 3 weeks.

Order just placed! My inner dimensions are 35" x 35 1/8". I assume you will make the lid slightly smaller in all dimensions? If so, by how much? My guess is you probably have at least 1/2" to play with due to the tabs on the four corners. Thanks!

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a multiple piece lid that doesn't rest on a center support? For my tank I would need a 73x27 frame and am worried that having to deal with such a big frame when I need to get in to the tank (for cleaning, placing corals, etc) would be a big hassle. So I am thinking of getting the frame built in 2 or 3 smaller pieces but not sure how the frame would do spanning the 27" without anything to rest on.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody have a multiple piece lid that doesn't rest on a center support? For my tank I would need a 73x27 frame and am worried that having to deal with such a big frame when I need to get in to the tank (for cleaning, placing corals, etc) would be a big hassle. So I am thinking of getting the frame built in 2 or 3 smaller pieces but not sure how the frame would do spanning the 27" without anything to rest on.

Hi 805reef, this is a great question! Unfortunately, the detailed answer is extremely case specific.

In most cases, we program our lids to have no more than 18-20 inches between supporting tabs. This has provided us, and our customers, the best results.

That said, there are fabrication means available to 'extend' this reach while still providing appropriate support. In some cases, this may require support ribs being integrated onto the underside of the lid frame over the unsupported areas. This isn't a solution that we like to incorporate, but is indeed necessary in some cases.

If you email us a few clear pictures of your setup we can assist in coming up with the right solution for your specific setup. You can send them to [email protected].

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Order just placed! My inner dimensions are 35" x 35 1/8". I assume you will make the lid slightly smaller in all dimensions? If so, by how much? My guess is you probably have at least 1/2" to play with due to the tabs on the four corners. Thanks!

Thanks for the order!

The tabs do give us a little play room, but customarily lids are made to a relatively close fitting standard. For custom lids, unless otherwise requested, we generally undersize the lid by 1/32" on each side or 1/16" overall in length and width.

Branded lids that have pre-determined dimensions, such as the entire Red Sea Reefer line, are generally designed to fit within this same spec. However, as there are variations in tank manufacturing; the tank dimensions, overflow placement, etc. can vary somewhat from tank to tank. Having made hundreds of lids for Red Sea Reefer tanks has allowed us to make adjustments for these variations.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back