ClearView Aquarium Lids Master Thread - It all started RIGHT HERE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i get an update on my order? The order number is AAIC 6363? I did need custom cutouts. I also have an issue. I had entered a coupon code and it was applied. But once the payment processed it did not go thru? Please advise me on how to handle this issue.

Thanks for the email. Email reply sent.

Send them an email. They might not get on here everyday, but they do respond to emails about orders.

Thanks hatfielj, we love our community here and welcome it's help in guiding others...especially with a thread this monstrous! LOL =). Email is the preferred method for order updates. Our FAVORITE thing to see on this thread is pictures!! :D But we like chatting and answering questions too when we can!

Matsu49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in placing an order. I have a Reefer 250 without any special cutouts. Do you still want me to provide you measurements?

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Considering ordering a new lid for a different tank. I have an Apex feeder cutout on my current lid that extends far enough into the tank for the tray to expand and dump directly into the water. I'm curious if anyone has photos or experience with an Apex feeder that only has enough of a cut out for the mounting block and lets the food drop directly through the mesh?

PiscesPower

People protect what they love. - J. Cousteau
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you already have our cutouts do you still reach out before starting production? Or should I just expect to get shipping notification? Mine is a Reefer 250 with a few cutouts that we have already had some email back and forth on, a few weeks ago.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm interested in placing an order. I have a Reefer 250 without any special cutouts. Do you still want me to provide you measurements?

We don't need measurements on the tank itself. Only measurements on any cutouts you need beyond the standard overflow or an added feed door.

Go to their site and order away! They have the reefers down to a science :)

Thanks Harold, you're awesome for helping out so quickly! We appreciate ya!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering ordering a new lid for a different tank. I have an Apex feeder cutout on my current lid that extends far enough into the tank for the tray to expand and dump directly into the water. I'm curious if anyone has photos or experience with an Apex feeder that only has enough of a cut out for the mounting block and lets the food drop directly through the mesh?

The ability for the AFS to be clamped on the side of tank and dispense through mesh depends on a few variables. The main one is how wide the lid frame is. This depends on the size of the lid and can be anywhere from 1" to 2.5" generally. The most often requested cutout size we get for the AFS is 3.25"x 1.75" which is large enough to allow dispensing through the hole (not what you were looking for initially). The AFS is also adjustable to an extent on how far out it sits on tank edge so this has an effect too. Generally however, most lids have the larger opening or are configured to 'perch' on the lid frame itself and then dispense over the mesh. You can send us some pics/info to [email protected] and we are happy to help further.

If you already have our cutouts do you still reach out before starting production? Or should I just expect to get shipping notification? Mine is a Reefer 250 with a few cutouts that we have already had some email back and forth on, a few weeks ago.

If you have already provided all cutout information with your order/in post order collaboration then the lid will be programmed and head to the CNC for cutting. If there are any 'gray' areas we need clarification on prior to cutting then we reach out to ensure they are clarified prior to finalizing your programming.

JonJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3035E72E-D61F-47EA-B967-B9E39D92D31F.jpeg
A1855D67-738D-49EA-9945-3A1501D519E1.jpeg
90AC2372-D521-4646-9AB0-ABDB9276F608.jpeg

Received my lid today (ordered in August) and I am very happy with it! Totally worth the wait. You can barely notice it from normal viewing angles. I just added fish last week and have been checking the floor every morning looking for casualties, especially the wrasse. I will sleep easier with this lid in place!

Thanks for the awesome job guys!

Build Thread

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-red-sea-reefer-xxl750-build.323190/

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really would like a reply to my message to you. Know you're busy but 10 days to get a reply for something started Sept 8 is a bit much. Thanks

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really would like a reply to my message to you. Know you're busy but 10 days to get a reply for something started Sept 8 is a bit much. Thanks

Hi Rik, your new feed door was shipped out already. Didn't even charge you for shipping as you are one of the EARLY ClearView owners from March 2016 so we're just glad to see you are still enjoying your lid! As it was just a feed door and not attached to an existing order it was sent USPS so I'll have to check into that further and see if we are able to see what happened.

Our new full time Admin started last Wednesday 10/4 and is spinning up quickly, as she worked for us in the past, but will still take a little time to get fully up to speed. We've not yet added the undertaking of R2R or Social Media to her plate, but she is ALL over the email and website communication waves. Emails sent to [email protected] are one of her biggest responsibilities so you will receive a response from there after we get this looked at.

For others reading, [email protected] is the quickest way to get in touch. Thanks!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3035E72E-D61F-47EA-B967-B9E39D92D31F.jpeg
A1855D67-738D-49EA-9945-3A1501D519E1.jpeg
90AC2372-D521-4646-9AB0-ABDB9276F608.jpeg

Received my lid today (ordered in August) and I am very happy with it! Totally worth the wait. You can barely notice it from normal viewing angles. I just added fish last week and have been checking the floor every morning looking for casualties, especially the wrasse. I will sleep easier with this lid in place!

Thanks for the awesome job guys!

Build Thread

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/new-red-sea-reefer-xxl750-build.323190/

Outstanding JonJ! Thanks for sharing. First pics up of the new Red Sea Reefer 750XXL ClearView Lid in all it's glory for the win!! It looks stupendous on your tank!!!

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Rik, your new feed door was shipped out already. Didn't even charge you for shipping as you are one of the EARLY ClearView owners from March 2016 so we're just glad to see you are still enjoying your lid! As it was just a feed door and not attached to an existing order it was sent USPS so I'll have to check into that further and see if we are able to see what happened.

Our new full time Admin started last Wednesday 10/4 and is spinning up quickly, as she worked for us in the past, but will still take a little time to get fully up to speed. We've not yet added the undertaking of R2R or Social Media to her plate, but she is ALL over the email and website communication waves. Emails sent to [email protected] are one of her biggest responsibilities so you will receive a response from there after we get this looked at.

For others reading, [email protected] is the quickest way to get in touch. Thanks!
Thank you and yes I love this lid, past present and future. I have highly recommended this to many SoCal reefers and I think many have connected with you, the latest being a lid for a 500+gallon. Looking forward to resolving this

Fringe09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm glad yours is getting shipped. It mean mine is close. Placed order on 9/15 with custom cutouts. Can't wait!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and yes I love this lid, past present and future. I have highly recommended this to many SoCal reefers and I think many have connected with you, the latest being a lid for a 500+gallon. Looking forward to resolving this

Past, present, and future....LOVE IT! We greatly appreciate the continued confidence, support, and referrals! I'm sure many of those you've referred have indeed connected with us. CA is of course in the top 3 states for order volume. Maybe you had something to do with that ;p.

Is it possible to make an overflow cover?

Indeed it is. Email the dims and a pic to [email protected]. We don't do solo orders for overflows covers, but will be happy to help a current ClearView customer with their tank topping needs!

I'm glad yours is getting shipped. It mean mine is close. Placed order on 9/15 with custom cutouts. Can't wait!

Day by day, hour by hour....even as I finish this sentence, you get a little closer. We look forward to it!

You won't be disappointed I can confidently assure you.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ordered my Reefer 350 lid I worried it was going to be like something I had before; a rough acrylic top with mesh in the center. Bought it custom from a forum member.... sucked. I had to flip it every day because it distorted to the waterline!

A year after receiving mine I could not be happier. No warp, and once the salt is brushed off it always looks good as new. I ordered it with a cutout for the apex feeder but now use that cutout to hold dosing tubes and a display temperature probe.

I leave off the feeding door now after it fell into the tank for the fourth time (I’m clumsy and lack hand/eye coordination), and for that reason am thinking about hot gluing a knob of sort to the feeding door. Has anyone else done this? I broke an acro colony retrieving the feeding door that fell into it

@ArtFully Acrylic Somehow a small 6” or so section of the rubber/gasket/window-lining thingy went missing: easy to replace but I was wondering what diameter it is? Thanks!

Tchaimd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, everyone, I just want to let you all know the timeframe of my order, thus far:

-----------
Order placed: Aug 27
Email notice from Artfully Acrylic to confirm lid specs for cutout programming: Oct 5

-----------

Quite reasonable, in my opinion, and within the estimated time.

I just returned from out of town (Oct 15) and sent AA the lid confirmation specs. Will keep you all posted on when it arrives and will include pics!

By the way, here is the diagram of my cutout (drawn very poorly by me on Paintbrush app, I know!). Note: FD stands for "Feed Door."

Diagram tank TC.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back