Clearview Lids - Trick to separate puzzle pieces?

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have bought a Clearview lid and it has been an interesting journey. Anyway is there a trick to separate the pieces of the Pisces EXO lids? Long story short they sent replacement pieces and screen to fix issue and for the life of me I can't get the puzzle pieces out. Afraid if I apply anymore force I will break this thing and then I will be stuck with a very expensive regret. I have an email to them as well but thought someone else must have taken these things apart before. Just really want this lid thing to be over with. :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have bought a Clearview lid and it has been an interesting journey. Anyway is there a trick to separate the pieces of the Pisces EXO lids? Long story short they sent replacement pieces and screen to fix issue and for the life of me I can't get the puzzle pieces out. Afraid if I apply anymore force I will break this thing and then I will be stuck with a very expensive regret. I have an email to them as well but thought someone else must have taken these things apart before. Just really want this lid thing to be over with. :)
What exactly is the problem and what are you trying to do? (i.e. why separate the pieces?)

OP
OP
SaltyTwigs

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a pisces exo lid for me red sea p650. I sent the measurements and the location of the armored seams. According to their site you are suppose to send exact measurements and they take off a bit from there for a good fit. Well lid I received had armored seems on wrong end and was the exact measurements I sent. So it did not fit at all. So they sent me new end pieces and a new brace that would fix the armored seams being in the wrong place and would make the lid a little narrower to fit the tank (however did not send the new screen kit so had to wait for that to ship after contacting them yet again). So I need to take the original one apart and put the new brace and end pieces in to fix the issues. However they don't budge at all. This is really getting to a point of a lot of dinking around for an expensive lid. Just thought maybe there was a trick that others had used to get the pieces apart without breaking the puzzle joints.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The puzzle joints on mine broke over time on their own. I think they are under too much pressure. Mine was a Tsunami though. Their customer service is meh.

I guess maybe just saw through the pieces that you are not going to use anyways?

OP
OP
SaltyTwigs

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured I would follow up here that support got back to me and shared these videos on how to separate the pieces. Maybe helps others out in the future.

Separate Pieces

Rescreen

ArnoldosAquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Seeing these videos makes me glad I didn't go with CVL. These look flimsy and cheap TBH!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back