Clip on Float Valve for ATO

  • Thread starter Thread starter g6gang
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

g6gang

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2014
Messages
272
Reaction score
25
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a BRS RODI Unit that I have been manually using with a garden hose and timer, and I would like to do something more automated. BRS has a float valve: http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reverse-osmosis-float-valve.html that will work by drilling into a container, but my resovior is an old tank that I do not want to drill. So I am looking for something I can clip on to the resovior.

Also, when the unit is not producing water but the water supply is still on, does it build up pressure where I need to be concerned about leaks? All of the components will be in the house. This is also why I have been hesitant to have it in full auto mode.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 12.45.32 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-06-11 at 12.45.32 PM.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 133
Forgot to mention I also have a Reef Angel controller with two float switches. Any ideas on how and what you need for auto shut off to an ATO/Rodi system
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new