!!!CLIPPED Vs SHIPPED!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm super happy with my order from Adam. Almost 30 frags and only lost 1, which was a sensitive type that I probably over handled. All others were super healthy and had polyp extension in the bag. Either way Adam will be sending me a replacement soon because that's the way he rolls. I was so happy I'm ordering more frags I probably don't have room for but I live for that drug-like high of getting new frags lol.

In my few years experience, a healthy acro is a healthy acro and fresh cuts from healthy established acros are nearly bullet proof. In some cases I prefer fresh cuts, especially from locals.

Last edited:

Russ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As several have said already, anyone who would criticize or question your practices has clearly never dealt with you. I've got a ton of respect for the way you handle your business - and just pointed another from my local club your way last week. Now I just need to get in another order for myself!

larcat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a member of the peanut gallery, I wanted to toss in my two cents.

We bought our last round of frags from Adam around memorial day. The ones we had ordered were encrusted on the plug and had been cut for a while. Adam tossed in a Nilbog as a freebie. This had been an accidental frag, and was a pretty tiny little nub, un-mounted, and very fresh.

All of those frags are doing well, however the Nilbog hands down has shown the most growth. Jumped the plug about 3 weeks ago and the encrustation is *thick*.

I've started to question if waiting is smart with healthy, captive grown corals, based partially on that little nub of Nilbog :p

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There could be something to be said about a frag being at its "hardiest" when fresh cut, if there is some sort of biochemical defense mounted in response to the fresh break. Would be an interesting experiment!

Or maybe Nilbog is just a crazy fast grower :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There could be something to be said about a frag being at its "hardiest" when fresh cut, if there is some sort of biochemical defense mounted in response to the fresh break. Would be an interesting experiment!

Or maybe Nilbog is just a crazy fast grower :)

its not really so thats interesting for sure. I have always thought that about frags though. I think thats the only reason wild cuts from the ocean can endure the harsh trip from there to here. is essence they are just frags as well. I think that even extends well into the first couple months in captivity. they are almost invincible for that short period. When you think of what they go through. its amazing they live. extreme temp swings, dramatically different water condition, harsh dips etc.

is is like they have some mechanism for ultimate survivability that kicks in.

thanks for chiming in

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam. Do you remember the name of this clipped and shipped freebie you set me lol it's taking off and I'm trying to put a name to it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416078167.014064.jpg

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Adam. Do you remember the name of this clipped and shipped freebie you set me lol it's taking off and I'm trying to put a name to it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416078167.014064.jpg

Funny thing. Free is the only value i see fit for cuts from actual wild colonies. Consequently i send out lots of them as extras. Sometimes they thrive and sometimes they crash. That one kind of reminds me of the reverse skyparade but I couldn't say for sure. Definitely from an aussie batch.

Even funnier thing is I end up loosing a lot of the colonies never to be seen again while the frags I sent out thrive!

Yet another testament to cutting and resilience!!

Last edited:

leptang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest, i don't like encrusted frags on a plug. I like to break off the coral from the plug and glue the coral to my rocks, i like it better if the coral didn't even came with a plug. Thats just me, i know when handling frags its just easier for a shop to keep frags on a plug.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
To be honest, i don't like encrusted frags on a plug. I like to break off the coral from the plug and glue the coral to my rocks, i like it better if the coral didn't even came with a plug. Thats just me, i know when handling frags its just easier for a shop to keep frags on a plug.

Totally with you on that

The first thing I do with new frags is rip them off the plugs!

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have some amazing corals and a great reputation. I am just getting back into the coral game slowly and definitely plan on putting in an order from you in the future

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Really appreciate the post. Hit me up anytime. Alway happy top break down custom pack.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly believe it's just another excuse for people who get frags into they're system and they start to go downhill. If they were dying from being fresh cuts they'd of died during shipping. If they start dying when you put them in your tank then it's your tank not the cuts!
I've only ordered from Adam once but he was very helpful and was actually the first one to point out that a couple of the frags had a spot or 2 that needed to heal. He was also the first one to say maybe I should keep them a little longer. He didn't ship them until I saw another pic and said I was comfortable shipping. Normally I wouldn't of even waited but I had a gem in there I wanted to be 100% ready.
Adam your the man! [emoji3]

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
my bc xmas never gets good polyp extension but its encrusting real good and still nice nice and bright green just starting to get color in tips . its weird . My replacement colemans is growing like its on a mission though . :) another pack in a month or so, the lagoon is getting there:p

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is all about being patience, buying a coral that's already starting to encrust; to me, has better chance of surviving the harsh trip.
I can wait, I would rather see a healthy coral than a bleached dead coral when I open the box.

jasonandsarah

Sticks, sticks and more STICKS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This hobby is all about being patience, buying a coral that's already starting to encrust; to me, has better chance of surviving the harsh trip.
I can wait, I would rather see a healthy coral than a bleached dead coral when I open the box.
I totally get what your saying but it's just not always feasible. I've been shipping a lot this summer and fall and I've shipped lots of both, encrusted frags and 1-2 week cuts with the same results. I've had next to no DOA'S with either. I'm not saying encrusted frags aren't better but in all reality if your tanks ready for Acro's I don't think you'll have a problem with either. Just my opinion...[emoji4]

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back