cloud from return pump and clogging sound

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
i just added in my first two fish. Pump has been off from time to time, it runs fine. until it shoots out clouds and makes clogging noises. maybe the water level is to low from the return pump chamber(waterbox 20)
Which may be. Assure there is enough water height in the sump or pump will suck in air which you can hear and cause burst of air and even pick up some detritus.
If pump is pumping out faster than water can come in, you will need to restrict the pump flow slightly

Upvote 0

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2198.gif

Agreed with vetteguy sounds like air getting pulled through pump.

Upvote 0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Upvote 0
OP
OP
bri.reffin

bri.reffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which may be. Assure there is enough water height in the sump or pump will suck in air which you can hear and cause burst of air and even pick up some detritus.
If pump is pumping out faster than water can come in, you will need to restrict the pump flow slightly
i apperacite it did some tweaks and back to normal

Upvote 0

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 27.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.7%
Back