CLOUDY WATER OVERNIGHT

zoaplug

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup Same happen to me snail eggs gets cloudy one a day or two then theses guys show up

OP
OP
Chris444

Chris444

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was alright for few days and today water is cloudy again.. Also something white showed up on the glasd.
Any ideas what I should do to stop it?

20190513_061607.jpg

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
take the tank apart, clean it for the first time correctly, de cloud the system of waste that fuels alternate generations of invaders- opting out of the uglies phase. if not, then these too above might go away and then will be replaced by many different invasions, dinos w be the real challenge when they show up and are allowed to mass while ID is worked out

its not that this invader is bad at all, nor the last. its that the first big cleaning run makes you rethink even keeping a sandbed in a tank that big, and if you do, how you'll maintain it to avoid such a big cleaning run in the future....many removed the beds and never went back when they did the first cleaning and took out literal black mud that was supposed to be self-balanced already in the bed. yours isn't like that, its newish, but you have large size that works against you accessing the system so to begin planning for impacts of that now is excellent manual reefing control practice

Last edited:

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me this image very much looks like calcium carbonate precipitates on some filamentous algae. Bacterial coatings and strings look more thick and slimy. This looks like filamentous algae which have some own slime excretion and a bit biofilm on the surface which collects the precipitates.

Back