Cloudy Water

mannyh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So… I went out of town last weekend came back and the water was all green and sand was all brown never seen it before everything was fine have 2 clown fish and 4 coral…. Well when I came back I found that one of my snails had died and also my torch coral polyps started falling and knew there was no saving it so I disposed it of it. I cleaned my tank did a big water change, tried to filter/ turn the sand over. It kinda look good but I decided to change the carbon back and filter floss also added some more bio media and added some fritz aquarium cleaner but it still looks cloudy. I tested my water parameters and everything looks fine except my alk is high (10.9). I don’t really know what step I should take cuz I seen a lot of stuff to do, should I buy a UV sterilizer as I heard it was really good. Also what do I do with my sand bed getting dirty quickly.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a snail died you should definitely check ammonia if you haven't already...when ammonia is released it can make the water cloudy...I'd definitely run an airstone until you have time to get it all taken care of as well

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back