Clove Polyps Not Opening

Reefer37

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
364
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!

So really at a loss on this one, but got these clove polyps about 2 months ago and they've been great open and out. About a week ago they closed up for some reason and I thought may have something to do with lighting as I was already looking to upgrade. Switched lights and still haven't seen them opening up.
Nothing else has changed with the tank since then.

Parameters have been good and everything else in the tank has been really happy and doing well. Any suggestions?

Can post pics later if needed.
 
When this happens to me the first thing I do is check for parasites. Second see if any other tank critters are bothering it. It may just be dormant for a bit. I’ve seen gsp do it for months at a time.
 
Don't think I have anything that would be going after them in the tank. No nipping fish or underfed crabs. I'm gonna try and do a dip this weekend and see if that helps. Not sure what parasites are prominent for cloves, but definitely will look for any with the dip.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new