Clown fish on its side

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DACCDC61-3FB0-49E4-88E5-C25E5A62AC21.jpeg

Hello,

my tank had a rough cycle a about a week ago but I completed it. So now today I see my clown doing this.. He will pop up and swim for a sec then back to this... Is this a air bladder issue?

Water parameters are
Salinity: .025
PH:8.3
Nitrite :0.1 ( being closely monitored and frequent water changes along with bacteria dosing)
Nitrate :0
Amonia: 0
Alk:5.5

I'm having trouble with my alk for some reason also

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put this in the fish disease forum to get more of a response from the experts. A better pic would help too.

How long has the clown been in the tank? For the whole cycle? How long has the tank been running? How's it breathing (heavy/fast, or regular)?

Swim bladder disease (if that's what this is) is caused by a number of different things. Bad water quality and rapidly changing parameters can both cause it. So if your clown was in for the whole cycle, that may have caused it. It could also be an infection (bacterial, parasitic), or from trauma. So before you can treat that, you need to identify the cause.

It's also possibly that it's another disease like Brook or Velvet. It's tough to tell in the picture, but does it look like the fish has a white slime or velvet covering the skin? White sugar-like dots? Those would be clear symptoms of a disease.

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd put this in the fish disease forum to get more of a response from the experts. A better pic would help too.

How long has the clown been in the tank? For the whole cycle? How long has the tank been running? How's it breathing (heavy/fast, or regular)?

Swim bladder disease (if that's what this is) is caused by a number of different things. Bad water quality and rapidly changing parameters can both cause it. So if your clown was in for the whole cycle, that may have caused it. It could also be an infection (bacterial, parasitic), or from trauma. So before you can treat that, you need to identify the cause.

It's also possibly that it's another disease like Brook or Velvet. It's tough to tell in the picture, but does it look like the fish has a white slime or velvet covering the skin? White sugar-like dots? Those would be clear symptoms of a disease.
I had to put him down he wasn't getting better and I talked to some people over the phone and said he probably wasn't gonna get better. he wasn't eating and was starting to bleach and from what everyone said it was a swim bladder issue that was permanent. =[

jfoahs04

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to put him down he wasn't getting better and I talked to some people over the phone and said he probably wasn't gonna get better. he wasn't eating and was starting to bleach and from what everyone said it was a swim bladder issue that was permanent. =[
Sorry you lost him. Always tough. How long after that photo was taken did he go? It looks like he was on his way out when you took the pic.

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry you lost him. Always tough. How long after that photo was taken did he go? It looks like he was on his way out when you took the pic.
So the next day he did better and was swimming a lil bit so I gave him a couple days but he didn’t improve past that

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back